I bought my first cell phone during my first year of college, cell phones were new and a fun thing to have. I had one for a few years then I didn't have one for a few years, then I had one, then I didn't and so on. Last summer for my birthday Pops surprised me with an iphone, when I opened the gift and saw what it was I told him "thank you, but I don't need it, take it back." Honestly I thought it was a complete waste of money and I felt there was no reason for me to have a smart phone. He convinced me to try it out for a few weeks and see what I thought. Now several months later lets just say I LOVE the thing. I don't love it for all the cool apps it can have, although that is a nice perk, I love it for the many, many times it has saved me time, money and inconvenience. A few days a week I'll drive around the valley for Pops and I now have a personal GPS unit. I can search for anything, find the cheapest gas when I'm out and about, keep the boys entertained when we're in a long car ride or when I'm staging a house and they are bored out of their mind. It has too many features to list. However I think my favorite feature is the camera. Before cell phones with cameras I seemed to always forget to grab the camera for an outing or it was just one extra thing to carry. Now that I have a good camera on my phone I try to use it as much as possible and capture these days and months that are passing much to quickly. I have a friend that lost her 7 year old son suddenly and she said she loves the pictures she has of him but more than that she loves the videos of him, she loves hearing his voice and watching his movements and like any other parent she wishes she would have taken more video of him when he was alive. I've since done my best to use the video camera on my phone any chance I get and capture the fun times with my boys. I was hoping to post a few videos of the boys but it keeps giving me an error message. Here are some fun pics from the phone.
Oh, to be a kid again and spend the afternoon swinging! He used to not like to go high in the swing but now always begs to "go more higher" Yesterday while I pushed him he laughed every time he hit the top of the patio ceiling with his swing from going so high!



I'm not kidding when I say this kid gets at least 800 kisses a day between his parents kissing him and his brothers kisses. He loves to give me his open mouth kisses and I'll take as much as a I can get from this little guy.

Playing hookie from school and spending our day at the zoo with some of the cousins and Marmie. Have I ever mentioned how I love perfect February weather in Phoenix? This day at the zoo was amazing weather wise.


We played hookie again from school and hung out pool side at the Scottsdale resort with some great friends who came to town for a few days. I felt like I was on vacation for a few hours...pool + sun ='s fun!

This is how he spends his Sunday mornings while the rest of us are getting ready...sometimes I would love to trade spots with him. :)
I must give credit where credit is due...to Pops. He never reads this blog so I'm not saying this for his sake but I'd like to say all these fun experiences I have with the boys are because of his dedication to work hard, support our family and allow me the privilege of staying home and raises these boys and being able to have fun adventures during the day (and to be clear, I use the word "fun" loosely... it can be interrupted many different ways depending on the day and how much sleep I got the night before). Also...he bought the phone so these pics wouldn't be possible without him.
I'm grateful for technology, thanks to technology I'm able to communicate with Pops during the day...sometimes we end up texting more than we talk all day long and thats ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment