So when I wrote the last post I had intentions of writing daily blessings. I really believe amongst trials, big or small, there is always blessings, big and small. I want to remember those blessings and realize how the Lord works in my life. Sadly I let time get in the way. I want to change my days so that they are not based around time limits but are based around timeless memories.
As I'm sitting here doing nothing, absolutely nothing, with no children I thought this would be a prefect opportunity to catch up...
Trial: I have been sick all week...I have a infection that if I'm not careful will quickly become spinal meningitis. I had spinal meningitis 10 years ago and never want to experience that again. It has not been a good week needless to say but I am confident the medication and blessing given to me will rid my body of the bacteria.
Blessings: 1. Dinner from a friend who totally brought it on her own without being asked. I was asleep and woke up to have Brandon tell me dinner had been brought. When I opened the fridge I couldn't help but to shed tears at the thoughtfulness of this busy person. 2. A friend who showed up to take Boston for how ever long was needed, putting no time constraints on the day. 3. Then my sister who called and took Boston for the remainder of the day and night and next day and still has him so I can recover. 4. My sister who offered to drive 2 hours to take both boys for the weekend. 5. A friend that had both boys for several hours one night and fed them dinner then has picked up Carson each day after school and kept him until bed time. 6. A mother who came over and brought "remedies" to help the sickness, did the dishes and folded laundry. 7. A R.S. president that has brought a meal and arranged for additional meals to be brought in. 8. A husband who hasn't complained at all while I lay in bed and moan, whine and cry at the pain I feel. Not to mention he's dressed the boys each morning, bathed them, got breakfast ready, did homework and site words with Carson, fixed lunch and still managed to keep up on his work load and prepare his talk for the ward he's speaking in on Sunday. 9. The helpful advice from doctors and the beauty of modern medicine.
As you can see the blessing far out way the trial.
Trial: Getting to the Relief Society broadcast on time, finding a babysitter, having the boys fed and ready for bed....Brandon had to be there that night to help with dinner, thus it left me having to pay $15 for a babysitter to attend this broadcast.
Blessings: I got to spend a few moments in the car with Brandon as we drove up there. I was able to listen to some very inspiring messages that I wish to never forget. I walked out of there feeling like the Lord does love me and I am apart of His plan. I had good conversation with others in the stake and it made me appreciate more that I live where I live. It was more than worth the money and hassle spent.
Trail: Getting the boys to be reverent during General Conference.
Blessings: We were able to spend an entire weekend home as a family. The boys were able to see the Prophet and other General Authorities. Having them sit on our laps for longer than 10 seconds. They enjoyed a weekend with their cousin who was here staying a few nights with us.
Trail: New Calling
Blessings: Learning the voice of the spirit. Learning organizational skills and striving to obtain leadership skills. Seeing the Young Women progress towards a happier more Christ-centered life, obtaining Temple blessings. Finding joy as the prepare now for a successful future in motherhood and marriage.
Blessings always out way the trials although it's not easy to see in the moment. I know this to be true. The Lord did not place us here to be miserable but "that we might have joy."
4 comments:
jackie lee, this was beautiful. your focus in completely in the right place. I hope you get feeling better soon!
When you canceled yoga I had no idea you were so sick. I'm so sorry, you poor thing.
I must say I miss our morning jogs because I miss talking to you and having you put everything into perspective for me. You're better than any counselor i could ever go to. Jackie lee, I need another session! Ha!
I had no idea you've been so sick! I feel so out of the loop not seeing you every couple of days like I used to. :-( We missed you at storytime on Wed. No wonder you weren't there! We'll be praying for you!
Jackie Lee--this was an incredibly wonderful post! I am sad that you have been so sick--let me know if you still need anything...if I can only remember where you live I could drop by with something :)
Post a Comment