A. When leaving the house always have kids in shoes and shirts...not just shorts.
B. When a car battery starts acting funny fix it...don't wait.
C. When you know something has just gotten in your tire go straight home, don't continue running errands.
D. Always keep a ward list in the car for emergency phone numbers
E. Always be dressed before leaving the house.
Today I had a flat tire and dead battery at the same time, kids in shorts only...absolutely nothing else, while being stuck on the side of Baseline with a flat tire and dead battery wearing my swim suit (luckily, I did have a little cover up on too...not a maternity one so it was very little...cute, huh) and no husband at home to bail me out. Luckily, I did have a cell phone and ward list. After calling many people who weren't home I finally found somebody to pick me up. Thanks Britt. So next time I have to go to three different banks and the post office...all of which do not require me to take my children out of the car hence the no shoes, no shirts I will at least dress myself and have shoes on the boys so we could walk home. But most importantly I am SO thankful for my cell phone. I could never have carried both boys home on my back. And for a wonderful ward which has people always willing to help at a moments notice!
4 comments:
I just had a visual of you in a bathing suit changing a tire. Wouldn't that be great advertising for some tire company!
It is no fun to be stranded. I am glad you made it home ok.
This is a real scary story, but I had a similar embarassing story(without the flat tire and dead battery of course). I had to run to the bank (curse those banks) and my hair wasn't combed, no bra, and filthy clothes because I just got finished cleaning the house. My kids weren't dressed and they looked homeless. Anyway, my card was eaten by the machine in the drive threw, so I had no choice but to go inside the bank with all four orphans! Aghhh!
Oh my gosh! So glad you found someone to help! I will definitely need to put a ward list in my glove box. :-O
Post a Comment