I've thought about Blogging a lot the last few weeks. I've thought about things I want to write about, things I should write about and things I don't want to write about. So here I am just writing my thoughts.
Boss has been counting down his birthday for the last 63 days. Yes 63. We're now down to single digits and every time I ask him how many days left he always says the right answer with the biggest smile on his face. His smile is infectious.
About 13 days ago Buster got sick for a solid six days. Once he returned back to school and when I thought all was well Boss woke up the next day with the same symptoms. Not good. Since then Crate has been sick, then Saturday Pops got sick, Sunday I became sick and here we are today four out of the five of us are still struggling to feel 100%. Luckily the little girl I babysit also got sick yesterday so her parents didn't bring her over. I was very thankful since I knew one less child would feel like a break for me. Pops even stayed and worked from home in case I needed anything. I really appreciated that. But what I appreciated even more was the fact that he told me to sleep in and got up with Buster, got him off to school, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen and picked up the main areas of the house, plus fixed a big breakfast for the boys before I even rolled out of bed at 8:20am. I haven't slept in like that for a long time and it was great. Not to mention waking up to all those things being taken care of was even greater.
It stinks being sick when you're the parent and there is no one to take care of you. It's no fun.
For FHE tonight we learned more about the sacrament and how we can better prepare ourselves for it on Sunday. Boss was assigned the activity and his choice was to watch a movie as a family. I wasn't super keen on the idea considering it's a school night but I let that slide, the boys pulled out the hide-a-bed got their blankets and pillows and are currently in heaven watching a movie with popcorn. I'm multi-tasking by watching while I take care of YW's stuff on the computer. I'm convinced there are women out there that eat, live and breath YW's and are extremely talented too. I'm thankful they share their ideas with the rest of us. It makes my job much easier.
Speaking of YW's I told Pops again tonight that once I am done being YW president I am taking a cooking class one night a week. Tonight I made mulit-grain & flax seed pancakes for dinner. It was a combination of not feeling well, not planning ahead and having no good idea's for dinner tonight. The boys loved it, as did I but Pops wasn't the biggest fan. Luckily we had left overs for him in the fridge. Hopefully I can find a cooking class that will teach new ideas along with an introduction to foods I don't normally cook with. I think that would be a great skill to learn.
We made individual goals for 2011. The boys have actually done really well with working on them and remembering them. We're all trying to be better around here. It defiantly takes effort on all our parts.
I still feel like my house smells like a dirty diaper too often. And the bathrooms seem to have their own distinct smell. We're working on that. Pops and I rented the movie The Social Network this weekend. I can't figure out how that got best picture. I have to say I wasn't very impressed.
Buster reading skills are amazing to me. I love to hear him read. Not to mention he likes reading himself.
It dawned on me tonight while I was flipping pancakes that there are a few areas in my life that I feel I'm done with but I will exhibit patience as it is not the right timing to be done just yet. There are phases in my life that I'm ready to move on to but I must wait a little longer, wait til the timing is right. Sometimes waiting is hard. And having patience isn't just about waiting, it's about waiting happily.
Crate continues to be one ball full of chubs. The boys always call him "chubs." He's defiantly showing signs of growing up. He can say every one's names in the family and can say about a dozen other words. It's really sweet to hear his little voice trying to copy everything we teach him. His brothers can't ever get enough of him and he still gets annoyed pretty easily by all their love. If someone was always hugging and kissing on me and wanting to carry me all over the place I would get annoyed too.
I'm trying to decide if getting a zoo pass again is worth it or not.
I must finish up now and be in bed before I regret staying up any later.
1 comment:
I'm glad you are posting again, I missed reading your blog! I have a deal for you, I will teach you cooking, if you can teach me how to keep my house clean, I 'm being seriuos! I am debating getting another zoo pass as well, I'll get one if you get one, then we can go together sometime!
Post a Comment