He woke up to his door decorated with crate paper and signs about how wonderful it is to be five. I made his most favorite breakfast, "germie pankcakes" as he calls them and fixed a double batch so I was sure to not have to tell him there was no more left.
He was so excited for the day...he started off by opening a present that Aunt Jeaniece had sent in the mail...an outfit with a big "5" on the front. He was happy to wear it and show everyone he was now officially five. He then got his next present, a new bike and helmet. (we'll new to him, our neighbor kindly gave it to us a month ago when her son got a new bike and it's been covered in the garage waiting for Boss' birthday.) He was very excited for the bike and loved the fact that it has a kickstand, hand brakes and a water bottle holder. I think his older brother was quite jealous. He then proceed to show me all the things he could do now that he was 5. Like look out the window without standing on a chair...apparently he couldn't do that just yesterday. And he showed me how he can say certain words now the correct way which he couldn't say right when he was four.
Then the time came, the time he had been waiting months for. We headed out as a family to Amazing Jakes to play some laser tag and eat pizza. He was so excited he was besides himself! We spent the rest of the afternoon there having a blast watching his little body run all over the place not being able to contain his energy.
He chose cold cereal for his birthday dinner (easy enough for me) and we ate cupcakes and sung happy birthday to the little man.
His birth was defiantly the hardest I've ever endured...but having his personality in our family is worth every minute of pain he caused me. I truly love this kid and find complete joy in him. I really don't ever want to imagine our family without him. He's awesome.