700...that's a lot of posting.
I must do a quick update before I forget what's going on in my own life.
1. Six months old and counting, Lumber Jack sits up on his own, eats his toes when he's lying down and can reach them when he's sitting up, still doesn't care much for people food, refuses a bottle, and has gone from sleeping through the night to keeping a very rigid schedule of waking up every 2 hours almost on the dot. He's been doing this for the last month or so and my body can feel the effects of interrupted sleep but I know this won't last forever. He eats quickly in the night and then goes right back to sleep...I have figured out though that if I put him in bed with me and let him sleep in my arm he'll stay asleep for 3 hours, it just makes it uncomfortable for me but he's so sweet sometimes I can't resist. I will admit he's pretty spoiled but that's ok, babies are supposed to be.
2. I had an accident during a morning workout a couple of weeks ago which left me with a concussion and what looks like a possible broken rib and a very messed up back. (If you're ever doing pull ups with a bar that hangs from the door jam make sure the bar is properly secure and that your feet are underneath you, not resting on the back of a folding chair parallel to the ground when the bar comes off the door jam and you go crashing down to the concrete garage floor.)Needless to say it has put a damper on my ability to lift my baby, drive a car, and live a normal life as a mother. It also didn't help in the healing process of the broken tail bone I sustained when delivering my ginormous baby. I've learned to grin and bare the pain and things are finally starting to heal. I haven't been able to work out, yet have lost six pounds in the last two week doing absolutely nothing...go figure? Maybe I should have more accidents...just kidding.
3. Crate uses phrases like: "What the?" "Bummer dude" "whatever" "hold on, mom" "I need you now and can't wait any longer" "nice one" "everybody clap" "watch this mom, I learned it at school" (not sure what school he is referring to here) "why" (we all here this one a lot) he sighs when he doesn't get his way and his new one is "oh my heck!" Can you tell he has older siblings? He loves singing the songs he's learned in nursery and anytime we have prayer he insists on saying it...and I mean he INSISTS. He always prays that "we won't fight and that everyone will be quiet." Funny he prayers for those two thing always, I think the Lord is planning on answering those prayers in his own timing.
4. The boys had spring break last week and I think I was the most sad to see it end.
Monday: We headed to the new White Tanks library which sits at the base of the White Tanks mountain and has some amazing views. The boys played around on the computer, read a few books and enjoyed being with the cousins. We then headed over to the cousins house where they played more, went to the park for a few hours then headed home.
Tuesday: 2:30am I woke up and thought I was gonna die. I was sick. sick. sick. Luckily the boys were home cause I couldn't even lift Lumber Jack. I spent the entire day on the couch or in bed. The boys had a hay day fixing their own meals and snacks and doing whatever the heck they wanted. Pops got home around 7pm and the first thing out of his month was "what went on over here today?" lets just say the house looked like four kids were home all day without a parent. The boys got to watch all the movies they wanted and play all the video games they wanted...it might have been their favorite day of spring break! Luckily by 9pm I was on the mend and Pops and I tackled the mess and it was picked up by bed time.
Wednesday: Met up with the cousins at the start of the light rail and took the train from Phoenix to Tempe Town Lake. Packed a lunch, had a picnic at the lake walked downtown Tempe, got some frozen yogurt and caught the train a few hours later and headed home. They all had a blast and its an activity I would do again in a heartbeat! The boys thought it was so cool to ride the light rail and not have to wear seat belts. Oh the joy of being a kid again. That night Pops headed to his meetings and the boys and I picked up a movie at blockbuster, pulled out the hide-a-bed, made popcorn and we all lied on the bed watching the movie...Crate even sat there for a solid 10 minutes. His longest time yet that a movie kept his attention. The boys loved sleeping on that bed all night, for me I headed back to my own comfortable bed, I knew Lumber Jack would be up soon. :)
Thursday: We did chores in the morning, played outside, rode bikes, then headed out in the afternoon for some good 'ol family time with Pops...helping him run his errands and looking for Sunday shoes for Boss...shopping is NOT the boys favorite activity. Actually I think they'd rather poke their eyeballs out with their lego pieces than step foot in any sort of store. I really hope they grow out of that before they get married.
Friday: Pops planned to take the boys (read: two oldest children) camping in an R.V. for the night. They got everything packed up all ready to go, and the little boys and I stood at the door to wave them off...but unfortunately they didn't get very far...the R.V. wouldn't start. Pops tried and tried and tried and once it did start after about 20 minutes of trying fluid starting leaking out all of the place. Needless to say the camping trip wasn't going to happen. To cheer up two very sad little boys, he took them to the movies and out for ice cream. I stayed behind and scrubbed toilets. I was very excited to do this though because I purchased a pumice stone and now my toilets look cleaner than they ever have. No more ring around the toilet where the water sat. It was an exciting day for me. Is that sad? I think not!
The week ended all too quickly and school is here again. Poor Crate has lost his daily entertainment...yet screams much less since there is no one around to tease him. I miss the boys, I don't miss the screaming and I have three very clean toilets. Life is exciting in our neck of the woods!
(Jane, Heavy D. would be very proud of my clean bathrooms!)