This is what a typical morning looked like last week...Boss beating me at Chess while Buster was at basketball camp. I told him one of these days I will beat him in four simple moves.
Lumber Jack is defiantly on the move lately and LOVES the inside of ANYTHING. He pulls cupboards open, pulls drawers open, bangs pots and pans, makes a mess and moves on to the next thing. He loves pulling himself up on anything, loves walking along the couch, and continues to stand longer and longer on his own.
We finally started our family flag that is needed for our trip to Philmont. Nothing like completing it at the last minute...I've only had a year to be working on it. I think it'll turn out pretty descent, especially considering I do NOT enjoy making things like this. It's been one of those things on the back of my mind causing a bunch of unnecessary mental stress. Really I should have finished it months ago.
I have forgotten how to cook...is it the heat? the summer schedule or lack there of? the feeling that after cooking breakfast and lunch and cleaning up breakfast and lunch I just don't want to do another meal? I can't put my finger on it...or maybe it's all of the above. We've had lots of "throw together salads" bean and rice burritos, bean and rice bowls with the left overs from the beans and rice burritos from the night before, veggie burritos...it's pretty pathetic. But hey, we're not starving so we can't complain. (at least that's what I tell the boys :) )