Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Yet another update..

Awww man, I don't want to stop this blog, we're creating memories around here that I don't want to be forgotten, most of them at least.

My list of upcoming posts...

Our fun summer activities mixed in with the not-so-fun summer messes (science projects, cooking projects, forts, legos, legos, legos....)

Our trip to Philmont. Let's just say "fun" cannot describe Philmont.  The words that come closest are "amazing" "spiritual" "once in a life time opportunity" None of us wanted to leave, including myself and that's a big deal especially when I have killed more spiders in those 7 days than I have in my entire life and killed two just the night before we left in Lumber Jacks crib. After all that and sleeping in a 10x10 tent we would all still want to stay!

Our short but fun stay-cation to a hotel in downtown Phoenix thanks to Groupon! Hotel was clean, service was not the great but the pool was awesome and made for cheap entertainment for the boys and I. Not sure if it's a blessing or a curse but Pops liked it because he was able to still work but drop by the pool for an hour or so before heading off to his next appointment. I sort of felt like a single mother taking her kids on va-cay, it was mostly fun.

Then there's our first trip to the Emergency Room! Poor Lumber Jack got pretty darn sick and ended up being treated for aseptic meningits. Luckily that's the viral form of meningitis vs. the bacterial meningits. But it made for a scary day none the less yet a day of prayers that were truly felt and answered. Not to mention Buster had an amazing experience with the spirit because of this and I thank Lumber Jack he went through this because this has started to shape Busters feelings and learning how the spirit speaks to him... life lessons that we can't teach him.

And last but not least my experiences with essential oils this summer. I'm more of a believer today than I was before. I pretty darn sure that Lumbers infection did not turn any worse because of the oils.  I know they kept the infection at bay.  Not to mention the doctors were puzzled of why he wasn't even more sick...according to them he should have been.  I know it was because of prayers (especially that of his brothers) and the oils. And thanks to the oils I have been cleaning with them and been truly happy. We're ridding our house of any and all chemicals and surfaces can still sparkle. Plus it's a lot cheaper than all the store bought stuff I've used over the years...I'm willing to save a buck and clean "green."

Not looking forward to school starting (ok maybe a tad cause that would mean less legos to step on)
Looking forward to once last quick trip to San Diego for a wedding! Pictures will come soon...ok eventually. :)