Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It is truely the most wonderful time of the year

After breakfast the boys and I made sugar cookies and decorated them. That was really fun.
After lunch Carson and I headed off to the store to buy a few gifts for a family that we recently found out wasn't having Christmas due to finances. It was very humbling to watch Carson pick out gifts for another 4 year old boy and siblings. I saw his excitement in wanting to give every toy to an unknown child. He began to grasp the spirit of giving. Then Brandon took the boys to the park while I fixed dinner. Brandon left for church meetings and I had made plates of stuff for people in our ward...yet they never got delivered, instead I felt it was more important to take them to the neighbors and wish those we rarely see a Merry Christmas. Our neighbors who never come out were most grateful for the act. The boys enjoyed that as did I, we want to have a missionary experience in our family so we need to start somewhere. Sorry to the ward members who won't be getting goodies from us this year :) To top off the day our doorbell rang four times between 6:30pm and 8pm. Three of the four visitors were carolers. I was so grateful to have visitors and grateful that Carson and Boston could listen to the beautiful music. As I sat down tonight I thought to myself, could this day get any better? Spending time with my children, providing Christmas for another family, visiting with neighbors that rarely have visitors and listening to the sound of Holiday music from faithful youth in the ward. It really is the most wonderful time of the year. I am convinced no purchased present can bring true joy as a family can

4 comments:

Amy G. said...

You are so right! What a GREAT day! May you have the Meryhew-est Christmas Ever!

Collier Family said...

I like the new blog design! How did you do it? Was it a template you could choose from or did you download it? Sounds like you had a great day! Merry Christmas!

Clement Family said...

Mine was just crazy......want to trade?

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed. What wonderful words of wisdom and gratitude you wrote. Truly there is nothing better, or magnificent for anyone than to do what you have done.
I think I've just seen the best 4 pair of feet anywhere. (:
Merry Christmas.
Love,
Mom/Marmie