Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fun Family Activity

So Brandon had to work today and the weather was so nice I couldn't keep the boys inside all day. I decided to take advantage of the beautiful South Mountain Preserve that is basically out our door step.

I found this trail called the Judith ________ (i don't remember the last name of the lady) trail. It is located off Central Ave south of Dobbins. It's as short as a 1/2 mile or as long as 2 miles depending on how far you go. It's easy, nicely graded, perfect for strollers or toddlers who want to walk. It's not steep and there is beautiful desert that surrounds you the entire time. I would highly recommend it for a family activity or if your looking for a nice quick get-a-way run/walk by yourself it's perfect. It is about a 12 min drive from our house. Parking is at the base of the trail and there is no charge for entering the preserve or for parking.

I'm so glad I took the boys out today we had a great time together. It even started raining while we were on the trail, it so fun to have the rain falling on us as we hiked. Not to mention the smell that was in the air was amazing.

If you want to find additional hiking trails or activities in the South Mountain area Google "South Mountain Preserve" and it will link you to their official web site.

One more nice thing about living the the southwest part of the valley. Hopefully next time we'll be able to have Brandon come along with us. I'm thankful he is willing to work so hard, most often six days a week so that I can stay home with the kids and he never ever complains. Never a complaint even after working 90+ hours a week.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Hey, Jackie Lee! I just got the official word on you accepting your new calling :)

Send me an e-mail and let me know when would be a good time for us to get together...

Collier Family said...

Sound like a fun hike!! So what is your new calling that Becky was talking about in her comment?

Tanya Leigh said...

Okay - you have an amazing perspective on a working husband! Instead of lamenting how many hours he is away from home - you are rejoicing how you can STAY home! Way to go! Thanks for the kick in the pants ;)