Thursday, May 8, 2008

Something happened to my leg and now it's a struggle to walk much less run. I haven't been able to exercise but once this week and now because of this it's made me more thankful I have my health. Hopefully I can get the doctor to fix me today, I miss the morning workouts, it's so beautiful in the early morning, it's great to converse with friends and working out is the only thing that gives me energy to wake up at 5-5:30am and last until bedtime. It makes me so thankful I have such great friends to run with...speaking of friends, thank you so much Beth for dinner last night, what a sweet act of service that was. I think Brandon was especially thankful to not have cereal again, considering I'm spending ample time on the couch. Shawna, thank you so much for driving and picking up Carson from school...it's so painful to get in or out of the car and the thought of walking all the way to the preschool room made my leg hurt even worse. Friends are awesome.

Since I didn't workout this morning I was able to read D&C 88. It's a really long section but full of insight.

63 aDraw bnear unto me and I will draw near unto you; cseek me diligently and ye shall dfind me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

64 Whatsoever ye aask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is bexpedient for you;

65 And if ye ask anything that is not aexpedient for you, it shall turn unto your bcondemnation.

66 Behold, that which you hear is as the avoice of one crying in the wilderness—in the wilderness, because you cannot see him—my voice, because my voice is bSpirit; my Spirit is truth; ctruth abideth and hath no end; and if it be in you it shall abound.

67 And if your eye be asingle to my bglory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light ccomprehendeth all things.

68 Therefore, asanctify yourselves that your bminds become csingle to God, and the days will come that you shall dsee him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will.

I feel this is a good reminder that the spirit is truth and if we but exercise unwavering faith and ask, the Lord will grant our requests...let us ask away!


4 comments:

Lani said...

Uh oh... :-( I guess Leslie was alone Wednesday morning 'cause I didn't show up either! But I didn't have nearly as good an excuse as you did. Man! I'm sorry your legs are giving you trouble!! I hope it's only a temporary setback. Let me know if I can do anything to help out!

Shawn and Rachel Smith said...

I hope that you recover soon Jackie. I am sorry to hear that you are not doing well. Sure am amazed at reading your blog and hearing everything you do in a day. Maybe this is a long deserved rest, you are just amazing. Hope it goes away very soon though. Luv ya.

Brittney said...

I am so sorry Jackie Lee, I didn't even know that you hurt your leg. Let me know what I can do. If you want me to take Boston and Carson at all let me know. Sam and Cooper would love to have a playmate!

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!!

Beth said...

You left out the part where you say its nice to have great friends who leave their kids with you when you can't even walk!