I got the boys to bed early so I could attempt to sew the aprons for our young women for the Stake trek in 2 weeks. I made a lot of progress and after re-threading the bobbin by myself and re-threading the needle (it literally took me 70 minutes as I have never done it before and had to read the owners manual over and over again to understand it) I was back to sewing. I only had the ties left to sew for each apron...no problem. As I started on the first tie I heard a snap, my stinking needle broke...the entire needle cracked in half. I didn't know this was possible, what do I do now? I think my tongue started bleeding from biting it so hard so I wouldn't say a few choice words.
Today I am thankful for people that sew my clothes...if it was left up to me I would have joined a nudest colony years ago. Yikes, there's a scary thought.
3 comments:
You're hilarious! Good for you taking on a project like that!!! I have a sewing machine....but I can't even get the thread on the bobbin right???? I'd be in that nudest colony right along side of you....THANK GOODNESS for store bought clothes!
i'm having the same issues with my machine and trying to sew some primary chair covers! ahhhh! my thoughts exactly! i admire those who are good at sewing, cuz we'd be in trouble relying on me:) hope it all worked out for you!
I hate it when that happens! I've broken one or two. I've got my mom's sewing machine over here ('cause mine decided to stop working... grrr). You can come over and use it if you want! Let me know! I'm happy to help with anything too. Sewing is one thing I know how to do. :-)
Post a Comment