Saturday, May 23, 2009

This might not be politically correct but...

I know there are many, many women who long to have a child to call their own so I always try to remember that before complaining about pregnancy or the hardships of raising kids. With that being said and trying to look on the bright side of life this was one of those days where I couldn't be more thankful to have a nice space between my kids. I didn't plan it this way but the Lord defiantly knows best and knows when it's the right time to send another baby. I'm sooooooooooo thankful they aren't any closer. I'm able to learn their personalities, likes and dislikes and ways to enforce obedience prior to the next child coming along. Don't get me wrong my kids are far from perfect and I know this is probably a sensitive subject to some who don't mind having kids close together and I'm not saying one way is better than the other I've just learned for me and our circumstances with running a few different business and my part in those I now know the Lord had a hand in the timing of our kids. (sorry that was a really long sentence) Anyhow, another testimony builder that shows to me the Lord is in charge and knows me better than I know myself. I know everyone has their own struggles in life and I thank my Heavenly Father for the opportunity to be a mother as I know not every woman has that opportunity in this life. I do believe though that when that day comes, whether in this life or the life to come, it will be an unbelievable sweet moment that words can't describe. I am thankful for those few women I've met who are passed their child bearing years and weren't blessed with a child, yet treat the children they know as their own and who don't dwell on the fact of what they don't have but who are the best examples of finding joy in their difficult journey. Never complaining but always counting blessings. For that is not always easy to do.

On another note...tonight #1 said the prayer during family prayer...we're trying to teach him to think about what he's saying and not say the same things each time he prays. So tonight he said "I'm thankful for having a president of the United States" I thought some wrong thoughts after hearing that statement then I thought to myself no matter whose in charge of our country and what their political views are I couldn't be more thankful to live in this country. I want to take a firm stand to make sure the foundations that this country was built on are always solid and that no man or woman or any group cracks them. I want to attend law school...not now, but someday.

I think it's been a LONG day and I'm choosing to count the blessings instead of venting. Luckily my husband gets to hear me vent about the day and the boys behavior rather than my two blog readers. :) Right Ms. Anonymous? (you know who you are)

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Once again - a great post. I always love it when you post!

Anonymous said...

I could not have said it better myself!