To My Dear Local Ward Members (you know who you are).
I feel the need to take the next few minutes and write a letter of apology for the behavior that has been taking place over the last few years each Sunday in "our" pew at church.
You see my #2 son LOVES it when the sacrament is being passed. I'm not sure if it's the thrill of having people to look at as the young men walk up and down the isle or if it's the knowledge that his one "snack" during that hour is about to be passed to him. We've been having a problem that I think I'm ready to admit. You see, each Sunday as the bread is reverently passed to our row #2 must fondle what seems to be like each and every piece before choosing the "perfect" one or sometimes the "perfect" handful if mom or dad isn't right there. Then, when it's time for the water he carefully selects the most full cup and as he's reaching for it seems to always manage to stick all five fingers in the surrounding cups.
I have now committed to make it my goal that prior to sitting down at church each Sunday we will take a quick trip to the restroom to wash hands and I will never be caught with out hand sanitizer which will quickly be placed on #2's hands prior to the fondling of the bread and water.
Please accept my apology if there is no bread left in the tray that was previously passed to our family and if the water seems discolored from little boy fingers. This is something we are continually working to improve on.
In closing I think it's imperative to remember that the bread and water were previously blessed and have faith that the Lord won't allow it to make you sick.
Sincerely,
The mom.
6 comments:
Hahahahahahahahaha! This post is priceless. I love it! :-) I'll make a note not to sit behind you guys in church! ;-) Just kiddin.
Oh Jackie Lee - you crack me up. #2 is so darn cute - how could you ever get mad. We'll sit by you next time and make sure you use the hand sanitizer.
PS... I love the previous post about #1. Kids say the darndest things.
I'm just glad that my #2 isn't the only one with "sacramental taste's!"
I have had times like that! I'm just grateful that no one else gets our bread, but yeah, the water has been an issue. sometimes #3 doesn't drink it all and as he goes to dispose of it he drips into other cups. It's a good thing the sacrament bread and water repells germs!
LOL I'm glad we usually sit on the opposite side of the chapel! j/k
I also agree tha that it's a good thing it's blessed because I swear I've gotten a moldy piece of bread before!
This past sunday my 4 years old grabbed a handful of bread, then set it down and dug through it saying loudly, "I need the biggest piece"... I made me laugh because of your post. I am SO glad it's not only my kid!
Post a Comment