Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ohhh what a night

Tuesday evenings always seem to be the evenings from you know where...I think someone is always trying to stop me from getting to mutual on time and in a good mood.

It all started when #2 was whining and complaining about being hungry...I was just about to start dinner when boom, he pulls off the front panel to one of the kitchen drawers in the island and falls back so hard hitting the back of his head on the tile which caused blood to come out of his nose. Not good. I hold and rock him, get him called down and watch him to make sure everything is all right.

Then about 20 mins later the door bell rings and the boys run to answer it. A kind looking gentleman is there asking for spouse. I let him know spouse is not home to which he responds, "are you his wife?" Right after I said "yes" I knew I made a mistake. He then proceeds to pull some papers from behind his back and serves me with a photo radar ticket for spouse. That's when I felt like knocking him up the side of the head. Then I remembered it's not his fault spouse was speeding, he's just here doing his job. I am still irritated to have an extra bill to pay especially right now when anything extra is going towards paying for the baby.

Then the phone starts ringing...rides are needed to mutual. I still needed to finish dinner for the family, drop off the little one I was watching, and get to the church all in about a 10 minute period.

Then spouse calls and says he won't be home on time and I have to take the boys with me to mutual until he gets there. Gurrrr

I left the kitchen a complete wreck, headed out and was about 1/2 way to the church and realized #2 didn't have a shirt on...just shorts and slippers. I didn't even bother to turn around. He's a boy...boys can get away with not wearing shirts right?

It ended up being ok as spouse got to the church about the same time we did and was able to bring the boys back home without anyone seeing my half naked child. All-in-all I felt very tired before walking into the church. Then I remembered it was personal progress night...the best night of the month, I have nothing to take care of and a great personal progress person that handles everything so well on her nights. It all ended up being ok but now I must get to bed as the craziness will start all over again tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow! That does sound like a crazy night. You are a super mom. If you ever need any help with anything you can always call me. I would be more than happy to help.

ERIN said...

Jackie Lee, stop giving rides to mutual!! I'm telling you... just trust me. You'll love it, stop:):):)