Valentines Day is coming up...I always wonder if I had three girls would it be much more festive around here? My boys defiantly are not into wanting to create decorations with me. In reality it makes my life easier.
Boss was very excited to celebrate his birthday again today with his cousins. It was a combined birthday with Saige and as always they had tons of fun playing at the park. They get so excited anytime they know they get to play with the cousins. I'm pretty sure they'll grow up being best friends.
We pulled weeds today and cleaned up the front and back yard. The boys were pretty helpful. I did mention to them that if they choose to not help I had no problem calling a babysitter and they would stay home from the birthday party. I was serious and they knew I was. That motivation worked great.
I think I asked Crate 26 billion times today to please not scream. That seems to be his one form of communication at the moment.
My motto the last few months around here has been; "I don't raise my voice at you, please don't raise your voice to me." I think they truly understand this concept. We've avoided many possible shouting matches and they've learned to not raise their voices at each other when having a brotherly moment.
Everyday Crate will try to copy a new word. The last few days his favorite word seems to be Papa, meaning Papi. He's constantly going around the house calling for Papa and every time the phone rings or someone knocks on the door he smiles and says "Papa?" He sure loves his Pops.
I been studying patience in the scriptures lately. Enos was amazing and the Book of Hebrews has some amazing scriptures towards learning patience. Patience is a God-like attribute I hope to one day prefect. It will take lots of work...patience can be manifested in so many aspects of life. Patience with people, patience with family, patience with careers, patience with obtaining knowledge, patience with children, patience with circumstances, patience with technology, patience with education, patience with temporal things...the list can go on and on. Like I said it will take a lot of work but the scriptures will be a huge help.