Some good 'ol pics of our family get-a-way!
We happened to set up for a day at the beach right next to this big whole that had been dug in the sand. Who would have known that it would have kept my boys and their cousins entertained for eight straight hours. (p.s. I LOVED being at the beach for 8 hours...I could do that several times a week. It's probably for the best we don't live any closer to one.)
Boss loved lying in the sand...he must take after his mom.
Once Monday came we decided to skip Legoland as originally planned and head to the beach again. Along with their cousin Ashlynn, the boys had another super fun day. The water seemed to be a bit warmer and Pops got himself a swim shirt so with the combo of those two things and a couple of boogie boards they were set for the day. I never knew Pops was the type to stay out in the water with a boogie board but he did. He probably was out in the water for a few hours combined. I will admit I was a little envious to not be out there with them. I tried to do it once but my belly made me tip over and it wasn't a cute site.
Enjoying our picnic lunch on the beach.
Tuesday was our last and final day. We decided to head to Sea Port Village before heading home. The cousins joined us and we ended up spending a few hours together enjoying the weather, scenery and company. The boys always have a blast when they get together with their cousins.
The boys found this gigantic statue awesome...it might have been the fact that their cousin found it hilarious to pretend to be looking up the girls skirt. They all found that quite funny. I thought it was gross. Boys...
Crate kept trying to give this man a hug...he couldn't understand why he wouldn't open his arms any wider.
The best thing about having these older nieces is the fact that they LOVE Crate and totally take over with him when they're around. It's like having a free awesome babysitter. Crate was in heaven not having to be in the stroller the whole time and I loved the fact that I could rest my eight-in-a-half month pregnant body on a bench and just watch them have a grand old time together.
It was a great trip and we hope to make it back soon...this time it'll be with four boys in tow. That's a scary thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment