Wednesday, October 3, 2012

And We're Back!

I thought it might be time to come back to the real world and say "HI" to all three of you!

Let's face it... I don't blog for the big crowd. I know my readers are limited and I'm totally OK with that.

So skipping over the last few months...
~School started and the boys love their teachers.  That's a honest statement.
~I just had parent/teacher conferences the last two days and could brag about their achievements but will choose to skip that part.  (However seeing their first Galileo scores compared with the class and grade average was amazing)
~Scouts started again for Buster and I.  I still get to be a den leader along with being the Cub Master...to be honest I would be perfectly happy going back to be just a den leader but am learning to embrace the whole Cub Master thing.
~Buster loves being a bear more than he loves being a wolf. (That's not good considering I was one of his wolf leaders.)
~ Boss lost one of his front teeth a few weeks ago...it's kind of cute and at the same time makes him look like  a poor kid with just one tooth in the front when he smiles.  Not saying there's anything wrong with poor kids...
~I watched the presidential debate tonight.  I SWEAR one of the days an anonymous blog is going to pop up about the "not so political correct stuff about politics" and it'll be me behind it.  Does that make it not anonymous anymore?  Anyhow I would love to write about politics and the truth behind it.  There's a lot to be said there.
~ Lumber Jack is walking!!! He's walking everywhere and at the point now where he chooses to get up and walk again when he falls down.  Come to think of it I haven't seen him crawl in a few days.  It's happy and sad all at the same time.  I think my new favorite age is 1.  He is really so much fun. No really he is...and as you can see I'm not saying that about all my kids.
~Uncle Casey got married!! We love aunt Shannon and we LOVED the fact that we just HAD to go to California to witness the wedding in the San Diego Temple.  Since we were headed there anyways we decided to sacrifice and make a vacation out of it.  What was even better was the family we stayed with over there.  True Hostesses. It was a very pleasant few days.
~Crate is almost 3. Seriously 3. How did that happen?
~Crate is obsessed with trucks and trailers right now. Actually obsessed is an understatement. I have to give myself a pat on the back...you should see the simple yet profound concoction I came up with to make all his cars and trucks transform into a vehicle that can either pull or be pulled. I am a genius. I am also grateful for rubber bands. I am also a mother of all boys which has taught me how to think like a boy.
~Pops....well Pops is still being Pops.  Busy, busy, busy...then again who's not right?  We love him for all his hard work and look forward to spending time with him in the eternities. Just kidding.
~This post is lacking pictures.  Most my posts lack pictures.

Well it's nice to be back...I think. I wouldn't be lying if I said I hope there are a few people that have figured my blog to be private from now and have moved on. :) Not you of course.

Here's to another beautiful fall season and the start of crisp morning runs and cooler nights sitting on the back deck drinking hot chocolate watching the sun set as the kiddos play in the back acre of grass, using their imagination and catching fire flies.  Oh wait...wrong life.

P.S. I strongly dislike the word kiddos.