Sunday, October 21, 2012

An Apostle is here!


It's not everyday you get to have an Apostle visit your stake but today wasn't any ordinary day.

Elder Neil L Anderson from the quorum of the twelve came to do training with several stakes in Arizona and our stake was the lucky one to be selected to have him attend a special stake conference while he was down here. We were also blessed to have our area seventy Elder Michael Pickerd in attendance.

What a special opportunity for the boys to shake hands and feel the spirit of one of the Lords special witnesses.

It's times like this that make all the service and sacrifice of Brandons calling seem so simple. These opportunities are so rare and make it all that much more special.  It's been 30 years since an Apostle was last at our stake!

Our family got to go back to the stake offices after the meeting and meet with Elders Anderson and Pickerd and have a family photo along with the other members of the stake presidency.  It's amazing the spirit and feeling of love that eludes from these men.  I pray my family will always remember this sweet day and especially remember the feeling that was felt during those few hours of being in the midst of an Apostle of the Lord.

What impressed me most about this man was two things....
1. His sense of humor
2. The power in his voice and being as he bore testimony of the Savior.

I cherish the gospel of Jesus Christ. It brings peace, hope and happiness. I try to work hard each day so that my boys will always seek to know the truths of the gospel and serve and sacrifice to share this message with the world.  It's no easy job raising four future missionaries and priesthood holders but it'll sure be worth it.

Now if the rest of the week could be as tender and sweet as today it'll be an amazing week! (I think it's safe to say I must not hold my breath on this...or if I do I won't see the end of the week.)