Ran my first sub 27 minute 5k this morning.... 3.2 miles in 26 minutes and 26 seconds. I think the faster timing was because of two things:
A. I fixed pasta for dinner last night and my body used the carbs for energy this morning.
B. I left a little later than usual and needed to get my warm up run done by a certain time so I could be home to help the boys get ready for school.
So it looks like my secret to success is eating a lot and sleeping in. Two things I don't mind doing.
Although today didn't include one of my fastest miles... that happened last week when a dog was chasing me...I ran a mile in 6 minutes 48 seconds. I'd rather not be chased by a dog again...if he would have gotten any closer than he already was he would have gotten to feel my mace on his face!
Now it's time for workout number two...PAP Lower in P90X~2. One of my favorites!