I think I've been in a blogging funk the last few weeks...not sure why but I'm hoping it'll pass soon. So far summers has been going well. Once again I'll be worrying about when the big guy starts back to school as there will be no one here to entertain the little buddy, which will mean more work for me. :)
I am in desperate need of seeing the beach. Ashlee...I swear I will get my rear over there before summer ends. Every so often it's like it hits...all I hear in my brain is "I need the beach, I need the beach." I'm thinking of ditching out on Brandon while he's at Zions camp and taking the boys over for a quick va-cay. Oh that would be heaven.So the joyous thing that happened exactly one week ago...Cox decided to do a random inspection on all cable boxes in the area...what happened that night when we turned on the tube??? Blurry, snowy...every channel. That's right...our free cable is G-O-N-E, goodbye, gone. (for anyone wondering (a.k.a. judging)no we weren't stealing cable, yes we can still hold Temple recommends.)
The so called "deal" we got 18 months ago no longer exists...no free cable as long as we have Internet through cox. Yes that's right people not even the local channels. I'll admit it, some nights I just want to sit and relax in front of the T.V. but that is no longer a possibility. However the kids have entertained themselves in ways I didn't think were possible which also means more messes around the house than ever before. Brandon is still trying to convince me this is a perfect time to get dish but I think we'll have to wait and see on that. So for the mean time I've been able to do A LOT of blog stocking. Oh, the joy.
One last thought...my next house will come equipped with three things...1. A urinal 2. Toilet seats that automatically close 3. A separate room dedicated to the building of "forts" with all necessary items that boys need to build forts.
Ohhh, and child uno told me yesterday I was the best mom ever...when I asked why he said "because you're making pancakes for dinner." Oh the simplicity...If it would only always be that simple to please someone I would make pancakes for every Sunday dinner. (They were from the food storage and the man in charge even ate them...that says a lot. Not to shabby for just adding water. Needless to say I did make it to the grocery store today)
2 comments:
LOL! I'm totally with you on the fort room idea!
Our bishop has 3 boys... they had urinals installed in their bathrooms. It's not such a far-fetched idea! I also think all bathrooms should have a central drain (like in public bathrooms) so you can just hose the place down every night... wouldn't that be a dream?
I feel your pain with losing cable. We had it a while after we cancelled it. I was so sad when they came and turned it off. We have gotten used to and enjoy the digital channels. The boys still ask when we will get cable again.
Post a Comment