Friday, March 18, 2011

17 months...

In case you've forgotten or are not sure what it's like to have a 17th month old I'll give you a sneak peak...

Tonight while I was preparing dinner, literally 5 feet away from this little guy, we were separated by the pantry wall and I heard a sound...once I heard it I knew I didn't want to see what it was until I absolutely had to. Once I did this is what I found:

Crate (17 months) had spilled an entire #10 can of potato pearls which I just opened the other day and used two cups out of it. He also reached up and spilled a bag of sugar. And this was about 15 minutes after he had just come out of the bath. He was sitting in the mess waving his hand back and forth on the floor seeing how far he could spread the pearls.



This experience made me very thankful for a good vacuum.


And to top it off Crate loves to "help" me vacuum lately so of course he wanted to "help" me again tonight. Oh the joy...


This was only the first half of what needed to be picked up.


The boys heard me tell Crate it's a good thing he is so cute or I would have beat him, they found that pretty darn funny. I was serious.

Looking on the bright side I now have a very clean pantry floor and the water storage bottles are nicely stacked.

Tomorrows duties: Buy a lock for the pantry door.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I soooo can relate! I do LOVE 17 month old boys they really are so adorable!

Wooden's said...

Having a boy is a whole new experience for me. Layne is so busy i can hardly believe it. I may be calling you for advice.

Becky said...

We have a lock on our pantry door...

This sounds like my life right now with Mark!