Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break 2011

What did this week hold for your local frat house you might ask? Let me give you the run down:

Monday: Piano lessons, bike ride,visiting teaching, made enough bread for the next 3 months and we all made cookies. Then we all helped clean up the ginormous mess.
Tuesday: Bike rides, visits to the park and two redbox movies for our "movie afternoon"
Wednesday: We met the cousins at the park for a picnic then headed over to their house to swim, burr. The boys swam like fish and Crate and I enjoyed sitting on the grass watching them. After many hours in the sun we ate dinner and headed home with one extra boy in tow.
Thursday: Laundry, multiple bike rides throughout the day, another visit to the park, I got to get out for about an hour and have lunch with a friend. The boys hadn't seen Pops literally since Monday so we waited for him after dinner and headed out on another bike ride before it got way too dark.
Friday: We all got up early and headed out to South Mountain for a family hike. It was a perfect morning and all four boys did great. Afterward we stopped by QT for drinks and came home were I had plans for us for the rest of the day. I thought Pops was taking the day off but as soon as we got home he needed to head to the office for the day so instead the boys and I just hung out here. It's amazing that one extra boy can bring so much entertainment for the three others. Between legos, bikes and a basketball hoop their day was pretty jam packed. As for me, I got a lot done myself. I switched all three boys winter clothes out for summer clothes, cleaned two of the bathrooms, washed, dried and folded every article of dirty clothing and towels, vacuumed the entire house, reorganized Crate's closet, reorganized my closet, dusted, and took care of the everyday chores like cooking, bathing children, cleaning up after children...those types of normal things. By late afternoon we were all ready to get out of the house so we headed out on our bikes (probably the best investment ever) to the local park where we found the sprinkles to be on. Well, it didn't take long for the boys to discover the fun they could have getting wet. Needless to say I brought home four boys sopping wet at dinner time...lovely. Showers for everyone, including myself and another load of laundry to be done.

I'm defiantly not ready for spring break to be over, I like not being on the school schedule and it's been nice to have only one 1 year old around the house instead of two one year olds eight hours a day. I've also enjoyed an early morning (but thanks to spring break not too early) walk pushing just the single stroller. I swear, brisk 6 mile walks each morning in the cool, perfect temp air is the best therapy session ever. It's like a personal awaking each day. I love, love, love spring weather in the morning and evening.

But alas, the wonderful week must come to a close and reality must set in once again. I've enjoyed having the boys home all day and they've enjoyed having their cousin here the last few days. They are sad to have to say goodbye to him tomorrow. Of course there are things I won't miss when school starts again, like all the eating they like to do throughout the day and the constant bike rides, I don't mind one or two bike rides a day but 8 or 10...I feel like I can't get anything done when we're out that much. I will also miss the entertainment provided to Crate from them all day long...he defiantly loves having them around.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Sounds like a fun jam packed spring break(kind of like mine). Isn't walking in the mornings the absolute best thing ever?!? It makes me feel so good to be alive! Now you have summer to look forward to.