Wednesday, June 22, 2011

These summer days continue to pass faster than I ever hope. We've enjoyed the hot AZ weather by swimming everyday this week. I'm thankful for friends who invite us to swim or who say yes when we invite ourselves. I'm also thankful for super fun and super inexpensive city pools...my boys think they are better than any water park. Works for me. I'm also thankful to a spouse who made the comment the other day that since he's not able to take off tons of time from work for long vacations he doesn't have a problem taking off a few hours during the day every few weeks and is more than happy to join us on our public pool outings. The boys get very excited when he comes along because they know they now will have a diving board/water slide/wrestling buddy while swimming. Which leaves me to hang out with Crate at the beach entry. His favorite spot as well as mine.

After babysitting 40 hrs per week this past school year being home with just my boys during the summer makes me so grateful. Grateful on many different levels. Grateful I'm not tied down to any one's schedule but my own, grateful to only have my own children to care for and more than anything grateful to spouse for doing whatever it takes to provide for the family. He never has asked me or expected me to work just so we can have nicer "things" I know being a SAHM is not available or desirable for every woman but it is my ideal and I have my Heavenly Father to thank each day for allowing me the opportunity to be home.

I told spouse it's a lot easier on me to send him off on Wednesday nights than it is for me to host mutual. Did I mention I'm really enjoying Wednesday evenings? The YW were and are great but I also enjoy not having to worry about things that come with the calling. :)

I promised Pops I'd have the business books all caught up by the time he gets home tonight. I've really slacked on my duties lately. Better get off to work.

If only summer could be for nine months and school for three months.

2 comments:

Lani said...

I loved walking with you this morning! Amen about wishing school was only 3 months and summer was 9... Amen! As long as those 9 months weren't as hot as summer!! Love you lots!

Collier Family said...

oh to swim! How fun! And it's always nice when our pops can join us!