Saturday, June 25, 2011

Today I defianly would not win "mother of the year" award. I was tired, children were tired and when you have that combo it's not pretty. I guess we can blame this all on Crate...he did choose to be awake from 1am until 2am last night. Which put me over the edge for today. Then again I guess it's a taste of what's to come in about two months when I'll have a newborn. Ahhh, this is going to be interesting. On the bright side he did let me hold him for that entire hour, he normally will NOT sit on my lap for longer than 53 seconds. If there was an award for "most evil mother of the year" I would take the cake. At least I'd be in the running for something!

Now on to the "wife of the year" award...you guessed it...I wouldn't win that one either today. Pops didn't work today so I gave him a list of man chores that despretely needed to be done. I have to give props to him as they all did get done, well except for one...filling up the low tire in the van. I really could take care of that myself, maybe on Monday. Then to top off the night I made tacos for dinner. Pops is not a fan. He doesn't say anything anymore when he sees those sitting on the table because he knows my response would be "be grateful you aren't going to bed hungry tonight" or "it's better than nothing" I'm a fan of that dinner choice, it's quick and easy and best of all it's easy to clean up.

I'm really going to pull myself together and be better tomorrow. I might even fix a delish dinner. ("might" being the key word here)

At least I did get one thing right tonight...I ironed everyone's white shirts for tomorrow. Not a task I typically take care of. I will admit Pops is a much better ironer (is that a word?) than I am. He's tried to teach me how to iron well but I always seem to be busy when he wants to show me. Bummer huh.

Holy cow...I need to go to bed before I say anything else.

1 comment:

Collier Family said...

I think it's great you iron! I think I've ironed about 6 times sice I've been married. I just throw them back in the dryer if there too wrinkled. I'm a lazy bum when it comes to that! Props to you!