Monday, March 24, 2008

Catch up time

So over the last few weeks there has been a lot going on and I can't figure out how to download the pictures from our old camera (yes, the newer one is still broke and Costco wouldn't take it back) so it's going to be a lot of journaling with no pictures...bummer.

1. We officially no longer have a crib up. Boston has now switched to the bunk beds where he and Carson thoroughly enjoy having a "jungle gym" for a bed. This is the first time in almost 5 years to not have a crib, pretty crazy.

2. I am now officially trained as a yoga instructor specifically for children. The benefits for children participating in yoga are amazing. Check it out sometime.

3. Carson started t-ball this month and he has games two days a week at 6pm and practice is for 45 minutes before the game. This has totally thrown off my afternoon schedule and I realized this will probably be my life for they next 15 years if both boys like sports. It it fun watching a bunch of 4 year olds try to grasp the concept of how the game is played. Carson really enjoys playing and knows most the kids on his team from church. Brandon says all Carson needs to learn is how to throw a fast pitch and he can be our retirement plan...you see, Carson is left handed and I guess in baseball left handed pitchers are hard to come by and are in high demand. Brandon says he doesn't need to bat well or run fast, he just needs to learn to pitch. We could only hope he continues to enjoy the game. :)

4. We took our first trip to Disneyland and had a wonderful time. (This trip co-incited with my yoga training in L.A. so we made a last minute family trip out of it.) It was a blast I just wish I could have spent more time with the family. Cudos to Brandon for taking the boys to Disneyland by himself!

5. I went to San Diego for three days with two of my sisters and no kids for more training. That was a really fun trip.

6. We had a wonderful Easter. The Easter bunny comes on Saturday morning to our house and cousin Ashlynn was here also so we sent the boys and her on a "hunt" with clues to find their baskets, it was really fun! Then we had Easter lunch at Aunt Jennifer's house with my family and a Easter egg hunt. Fun again! Followed by a ward activity. Needless to say we were beat when we got home. We left the house at 11:30am and didn't get home until 9pm. The boys got quick baths and I finished my last minute stuff for primary and was in bed by 11pm.

7. We had nice church meetings on Sunday morning came home and Boston went to sleep for 3.5 hours! He was very tired from the day before. While he slept I fixed a potato dish and desert for our Easter dinner. Some friends in our ward invited us over for a delicious dinner, we had a great time.

8. I finished all the Quick Books stuff for one business of ours and am about 1/2 way through on the other business. Brandon has helped me out a lot...thank you Brando. That was a burden I've had on my list of things to finish for the last couple of months. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

9. Brandon won't be around tomorrow morning to teach seminary so I get the opportunity. They are studying Isiah...that is some deep doctrine. Hopefully it goes well & I wake up on time. :)

10. I got all the dishes from cooking yesterday and today done, did five loads of laundry - four of which are folded and put away, swept the kitchen floor twice today, spent 30 minutes on academic stuff with Carson followed by reading time with the two boys and played with them in the playroom for an hour. Took and shower and put on make-up (why? I'm still not sure) and fixed a healthy dinner tonight. Emptied all the garbage's and took all the diapers to the big garbage can (I have a bad habit of leaving them on the back porch waiting for Brandon to take them to the garbage while they pile up) Had Family Home Evening by myself with the boys and got them to bed at a descent hour. Read my scriptures and had scriptures with Carson & Boston. So far a busy yet successful day.

11. Recommitted myself to keep up on the blog. I almost decided to stop blogging but reminded myself I am doing this for no one else except my posterity. So I will keep blogging.

5 comments:

Shawna said...

You go girl! I knew you had been busy. You amaze me Jackie Lee! You're great at everything you do. You're the reason I go walking in the morning. I've never met anyone that can actually make me excited to get up and be excited to do it!
Yay for Jackie Lee! My clothes can tell you've been out of town too...they're all starting to fit snug again.

Heidi said...

I am always amazed at everything you guys do! Sometimes I feel like Ican barely keep my house looking decent! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

I really do have a wonderful, amazing, beautiful(inside and out) talented, sister!!! Thanks again for letting us stay with you. We had sooo much fun especially dipping strawberries and eating them ALL, not to mention the other great food! Love ya

felicia said...

Like everyone else said, that's amazing all that you accomplish!
Where are you teaching yoga? You're so awesome! We miss you guys-you'll have to come out here and play:)

Collier Family said...

Lots of fun stuff you've done. Sounds great! You're really good at being very well rounded with all your responsibilities! Way to go sis! Loves!