O.K. -- can I just say I love my family dearly but CAN I HAVE SOME SPACE, PLEASE! In the last 7 days I have had company for 5 of them.
If anyone knows me they know I do NOT appreciate my "plans" being changed at the last minute. I need to mentally plan for anything and everything. For example when I say come for dinner at 5pm that means come a 5pm not a minute before and not a minute later. I will have everything ready to go at 5pm and I expect the guest to be on time (ok so I might give you an extra 5mins--- oh, goodness now I sound like a mental case...). Does this mean I am always on time...NO but I really try to be. Anyhow Brandon left for a R.E. training & I was REALLY looking forward to him being gone...NO OUR MARRIAGE IS NOT IN TROUBLE for anyone who might make that assumption...i was looking forward to being on my own time schedule, not having to worry about fixing dinner, having clean clothes for him, getting work assignments from him etc. Yesterday was a good day and today I had mental plans of how the day would go. IT DIDN'T GO AS PLANNED & yes I about had a nervous breakdown. Will somebody please grab me a paper bag.
First I woke up at 4:45am and was too afraid that I would fall back asleep and miss teaching seminary that I got up even though I was sooo tired and loosing an extra 45mins of sleep.
Then during breakfast I got a call that my grandmother is about to die at any moment so I literally dressed the kids and left for Prescott within 25mins of getting the call. (I didn't even shower and my nasty make-up I had on was from this morning when I was putting it on in the dark) So this is where I grab the paper bag...I was supposed to exercise and fix a healthy breakfast for starters and now I'm frantically running out the door yelling at my boys to buckle themselves in the car and driving off. Then I'm on the road for about 10 minutes and realize I don't have any diapers, wipes, snacks or toys. No time to turn around. It was a very LONG 2 hour drive. We get to Prescott...Grandma's still alive thankfully, spent an hour with her and turn around to come back home and be here in time for Carson's t-ball game and pictures. Pending that their is no traffic. I do have to put a plug in for my Grandma. Her name is Opal Tenney Goodman Allen and anyone from Prescott would know her and her amazing legacy. The "Ode to Opal" is coming soon. Loosing her is sad yet she is 3 days shy of her 95th birthday so she has lived a long, successful life.
On the way home my sister calls and asks if she and her family of six can stay the night while her husband works in the area. (Family of six means, 2 parents and 4 children under the age of six...HELL---O) "Oh My" I thought. "Sure" I told her. "My free days are shot" I thought. "It'll be great" I said. Again, I needed a paper sack. Not only is her family here but my other brother-in-law...you know "Mr. Clean." Now I need to get an extra paper sack for him because my house is so trashed he's gone into hyperventilation mode.
My "mentally" organized life has gone down the toilet today. Speaking of toilets, Carson just peed all over mine tonight. It's bad enough when the boys bathroom smells like pee, now mine? Oh goodness, let me grab that bag again.
I literally think I've hit my point of insanity for the day, more like week. Do I get out of bed tomorrow? The jury is still out on that one.
All this changing of mental plans has given me the runs? Any suggestions?
10 comments:
Since all your family is here make them work for their shelter. They're family, they won't mind waking up with the kids..right! Family is so fun to have visit...and yours always seems really fun! Take a break and sleep in..I bet they wouldn't mind. If you're seriously too tired for walking on Thurs...let me know!
Here is my suggestion...grab a bigger paper sack!!
When my sister came into town, my "Mr. Clean" bro-in-law cleaned my kitchen sink and appliances (including the inside of my microwave! which was NASTY), my bathroom sinks, and then went around cleaning my light switches. At first it was kind of awkward, but then I decided... hey... if he's happy to do it, I'm happy to have it done! I say hand your "Mr. Clean" a bottle of windex and a rag and tell him to knock himself out! ;-)
I just have to say I'm glad my kids' bathroom isn't the only one that smells like pee. What is it with 4 year old boys?
LOL. Been there done that. But your account is classic.
Oh, Jackie! I wish I had read this sooner...I am headed out of town tonight...maybe I'll bring you back something fun from Utah (like a big sack? lol). Hope things are better today!
hahaha... I don't know why I'm laughing, but I kind of feel bad, since it's practically my fault... I bet you are cursing my name in the background. Sorry, Jackie Lee. I owe you tons for sure!
hhhhmmmm....if you ever invite me over for dinner, I will be on time!! :)
I loved this post!!!
Not sure what to say to that post, except that I probably agree with Jeaniece the best......grab a bigger paper sack!!! LOL!!!
Post a Comment