I realized I didn't journal about our 9th anniversary outing. Thanks to Heidi for watching the boys. We went to Claim Jumper (mainly for the desert) and I ate way to much, nothing new there. Then we went to a movie called "Emma Smith, My Story" it was only playing at one theater in the entire valley but totally worth the drive. It was such a great movie and depicted the life of Emma Smith very well. After learning more of her struggles, trials and heartache I feel like I have nothing to complain about and I walked out of the movie wanting to be a better person. We realized we need to go on dates more often...once every six months doesn't cut it. We really enjoyed spending time together.
My mom came and stayed Thursday night and Friday with the kids. That was really nice. I was able to go to a school meeting and enrichment for the first time in a very long time and I didn't have to pay a babysitter! Then on Friday she watched Boston while I taught yoga and then took both boys out for a few hours while I stayed home and worked. I always forget how much computer work I can get done when I have no interruptions. That was a really nice treat and I got caught up once again on some of the business books. Of course Carson came back with new stuff my mom had gotten him for his upcoming birthday. I know he had a great time. Then she also watched them while I headed off to a baby shower and stayed with them until Brandon came home from our stake Temple session. Thank you mother for spending time with the boys they really enjoyed it and had tons of fun.
Then today we went to the Bingham's to celebrate 4 family birthdays in June and Father's day for all the brother-in-law's and my dad. That was a fun time. Again, Carson came home with way too much birthday stuff...time to clean out the playroom and dispose of the unused treasures in there...only problem is I have to do it when a certain child is sleeping or there are way to many tears. See, I've learned something over the years...never put toys in the "give away" bag when your children are looking.
I've got to get to bed because I was up WAY to late at the baby shower...sorry again Stacy for staying around so long...it was really nice just hanging out.
4 comments:
You're welcome... Jackie Lee. I enjoy so much being around Carson and Boston. We certainly did have lots of fun at Wal-Mart. We spent about 1 1/2 hrs. just looking up and down the toy isles. Boston was perfect as was Carson. It was a pleasure to be around you all for a couple of days!
It was great seeing you on Saturday, it had been to long. You really need to come and stay with me to get out of the heat. Just do it and come up! To bad about Saturday night dinner we will have a re-do soon. I hope Carson is enjoying his toy and practicing his aim(hopefully not to much at you).
It all sounds like you had a nice time! It would have been fun for us to be there and play with everyone!
Happy Anniversary!!!!
Post a Comment