The day started off by sleeping in until 6:30am. Got two loads of laundry done. Showered by 8am, fun yoga session at 9am then off to the spa for three different treatments. Husband gave me a gift certificate for my birthday last July, yes July of '07 and I never used it until today. It was expiring in the next few days so I got on the ball made an appointment and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon by having a wonderful massage, spa pedicure and spa manicure. Oh they joy. I even choose to dive in to the wonderful world of Hollywood and caught up on the stars latest and greatest moments by reading the piles of trash talk and gossip that filled the corners of the very much "worldly" salon in downtown Tempe. Oh, how I realized myself, a twenty something -stay at home mother - is so out of touch with "normal life." The topics buzzing around the modern salon mentioned nothing of diapers, poop, kindergarten, home decor, wards, service or anything of the like. There was talk of men, women, drinking, sex, mention of "feel good stuff" -whatever that means and how kids always get in the way of life. I realized I love massages and some day will have them done on a weekly basis and I'm thankful to come back home to my "reality", I wouldn't have it any other way.
Thank you Brandon for the gift...I promise to use the '08 present in '08.
P.S. Thanks mother for watching the boys so I could get this done!
1 comment:
aren't spas the greatest invention ever?
Post a Comment