Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Brotherly love

Last night the boys and I were at a meeting for a new school and Brandon had left after we did for a church meeting. When the boys and I got home we realized some things weren't right before we even got in the house. To make a long story short, I wouldn't let the boys go in the house and Carson was listening to a conversation I was having with Brandon and the word "police" kept being said. After I hung up my cell phone and as were in the waiting outside our house Carson starts crying and says "I don't want to die." (I learned a good lesson here...when I'm panicked, don't let the kids know because with Carson A type personality he becomes every freaked out very easily) Anyhow I calmed him down and let me know everything is going to be alright. By this time we're headed to a neighbors house...for one purpose only, I know he has a gun...thanks goodness for the right to bear arms, may this amendment never be altered...back on track...I look in the rear view mirror and Carson is stretching his hand out to Bostons and as they are holding hands Carson says to him "Buddy, I'll protect you. I won't let you die. I'll die so you can live. Don't worry buddy I promise I'll protect you." These two boys have a relationship like no other I've seen. I really know that these feelings Carson had for Boston during this time were true. He loves his brother more than life itself. I know they were close brothers long before they ever came to earth.

I had to write this down so that when they are 15 and 13 and at each others throats I can read this to them and help them remember how they once felt about each other. :)

Thank you to our neighbor (you know who you are) for being a great neighbor and if any one's wondering...no one died last night, all is well.

5 comments:

Lani said...

Oh my gosh! How scary and how adorably sweet at the same time! I'm glad you're all okay!

Becky said...

Jackie Lee...sending hugs and prayers your way! Pretty please, tell me the story when you come over to work on girls' camp stuff tomorrow night (by the way, 8:00 is fine!)....

Tanya Leigh said...

My goodnes! I'm sorry you had a scare like that! ... wow. That is the sweetest thing ever. Wow.

Collier Family said...

Brotherly love is strong! How sweet! What happened that wasn't right?`

Capitol Ward Canning Info said...

I am so glad that you all are alright! And how sweet to be reminded of your kids love, concern, and well being for one another. I think you have some pretty special kids!