Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Knight and Shining man to the rescue...and it's not my husband!

So I don't have any real good poop stories regarding my kids...you know the ones where the kids smears poop all over the wall, or the kid has a mouth full of poop from a leaking diaper...those types of stores. I didn't have a good one until today. It's after dinner I am cleaning up and realize Boston is really quite, too quite. I call for him and out he comes from our guest room saying "mama, mama." I come around the corner to find a big chuck of something on his foot. Lo and behold it was poop. A big nasty chuck of green grossness. This is where I begin to panic...not the carpet, please not the carpet...I walk into the guest room to find, yes you guessed it...green nasty grossness on the carpet. You see our home is 75% tile...easy to clean up but did he poop on the tile? NO, he chose the blessed carpet. After I swallowed the vomit that had come up (I know, gross but true) I quickly let out a panic scream then gathered my senses and grabbed the precious child by one arm and one ankle and ran him into the bathroom where I proceeded to hold back the vomit as I wiped his cute little tan rear, legs, back, arms, neck, knees, ankles and feet then quickly threw him in the bath. That was the easy part, now what do I do with the carpet? You see, any easy fix would be to call my sweet husband and say "honey, I need your help"...as I proceed to do this he's letting me know his appointment is waiting at the door and he's "outta here." I don't even know if he realized what had just happened. This is where my knight-in-shining armor comes in. Remember the "clean freak" brother in law? Well guess who happened to be at our house just at the right time...you guessed it, the clean freak. And to my amazement that poop was cleaned up even before I was finished bathing Boston. This man was heaven sent. He scrubbed those carpets better than they've ever been. I now have a guest room with beautiful cream colored carpet once again (minus the previous stains that have been there for months...one day the carpets will be professionally cleaned). Dustin, you're amazing. My life has been forever changed by your kind deed. To you I am in a debt of gratitude. Not only did you save my carpet you also saved my toilet from needing a cleaning because there defiantly would have been puke in it if I was the one cleaning it up.

The good Lord knows me well, he knows what I can and cannot handle and that is why he blessed me by having my brother-in-laws Dustin there at the precise moment. I am truly a blessed woman. Jeaniece, do you realize the gem of a man you married? You're one lucky duck!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were lucky! He just happened to be there at that exact moment...WOW! I also think it was your time to receive some good karma. Your right, I do have an awesome guy, but I've always known that!

Tanya Leigh said...

Woohoo! Perfect timing! --- I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't "whipping" but WIPING you did to his little tan bum ;) :) ... Oh, we DO love the little adventures our kids give us, don't we.

Collier Family said...

yea, Dustin's cool like that! I guess at least one poop story per kid is pretty good!

Becky said...

Yuck! I have too many icky stories that are similar :)

Can you send your brother-in-law my way? My house could use a deep clean!

AMY said...

Wow, you are lucky not to have any crazy poop stories before now. I have a long list! Glad you had someone to rescue you!

Capitol Ward Canning Info said...

Wow, I had a simular thing happen to me this afternoon... not as bad... but simular with Eden! You are lucky to have your bother in law, I had to deal with it myself! Ohhh, and I had dinner with the missionaries tonight and still had to prep for that! The sweet joys of having a 2 year old!

Audrey, Brandon, and Cele' said...

Thanks for all the details. :)you're so funny! I got a good laugh.

Heidi said...

Too funny! I can't believe you have two boys and this was the first poop dissaster!

Jason & Brandi Mitchell Family said...

Jackie Lee, I hadn't checked your blog in a while! I am so glad I did. What a hilarious story! Is this what I have to look forward to when I start potty training? Oh well. At least you have a really funny memory! :)

Clement Family said...

way too funny! I need Dustin to come to my house. Maybe just to clean up a little. :)
Do you think he is for hire?