So I'm home from girls camp and I have no pictures to prove it...surprise, surprise. I had a great time, glad I went in the calling I was in...assistant camp craft director, glad to not be a cabin mom and I realized I never want to be a Camp Director, talk about some major work. I survived on very little sleep, no morning exercise and unhealthy eating but it was all worth it at about 10pm when the "leaders" cabin would no longer have any responsibility and we would just sit around and laugh and laugh and laugh until my throat hurt. We were labeled as "The wild bunch".
It was great to come home to a clean house and happy kids...thanks to Brandon for all his hard work and to my sister for watching the kids on Friday! Now I must get back to my 31 loads of laundry...at least that is what it feels like.
8 comments:
I'm so glad you were the assistant crafts director too! :) Thanks for the fun times and thanks for understanding the bad times as well!
P.S. It was also a blast to drive home with you and Jill--thanks for driving.
I'm glad you had fun. I can only imagine how fun it was to sit around and laugh once the hard work was over.
I hope you know that now that you've said you don't want that calling, you're going to get it. Isn't that how it usually works? LOL!
Uh oh. I think Shawna's right. You totally jinxed yourself! ;-) I'm glad you had a good time. I've been a slacker while you were gone, though I finally did run a bit this morning. Looking forward to seeing you Friday morning! :-)
Hey! I just wanted to thank you for helping me find me little devil today!
Favorite quote of the week at camp... "Would you please tell those girls to be quiet" HA HA.. little did they know it was the leaders!!! It was a blast hanging out with you! I just wish you would learn to quiet down a little! HA HA
Jackie Lee thank you for taking your calling because I wouldn't have had anyone from my ward in my cabin... who knows what I might have done without you there! HA HA! We are going to have a camp reunion and Ed is going to ask Janet if the leaders can do their skit again... you know what that means... shine your dancing shoes... look out here we come!
I bet you made a great assistant craft leader! What crafts did you do?
Jackie Lee? I dont know if you remember me but you were my young womens leader in the 16th or stewart ward its called now. My name is Kim Fontes and the reason I looked you up was because I remeber your name and wondered, well Jackie Lee was the cutest leader ever, I bet she has a blog! So here I am and I wanted to say hi! my email is kimberly.fontes@asu.edu if you want to email me. I hope all is going well!
Post a Comment