Tuesday, July 8, 2008

...one year older and wiser too...

If you know the primary song you'll recognize that line above.

I might be one year older as of today but I can't vouch for one year wiser, unfortunately. So today was a great birthday, it started off great by sleeping in until 9am. Yes people that's 9am! It felt so great. Thanks goes to Brandon for taking care of the hungry munchkins while I drifted away in my peaceful slumber. After waking up I was convinced the two year old made the bowls of cereal, I should have taken a picture of the kitchen...yikes.

The kitchen wasn't the only surprise I awoke to...brace yourselves ladies and let me tell you the miracle that happened today. I wake up to find two professionally wrapped boxes on the counter. Knowing today is my birthday the thought crossed my mind, "I wonder if those are for me" I quickly dismissed the idea thinking it was highly unlikely. You see, I have a wonderful husband, however planning ahead for special celebrations like birthdays, mothers day, anniversary's is not his forte. I figured he'd run out today grab what he could and call it good...although I thought we had an understanding of no presents this year. OK...back to my story, so Carson sees me and says "open your presents mom" after I pick up my jaw from off the floor I opened the beautifully wrapped boxes to find two new church appropriate dresses and they both are the right size! Once I finished breathing into the handy paper bag and calmed myself down I threw my arms around this man and gave him a death grip hug! He, himself went online, picked out a few samples, got a second opinion from my sister, brought them, had them wrapped, wrote a special message on the card and had them shipped so they would be here in time for my birthday!!! I couldn't be happier or more shocked! The lesson learned here ladies...NEVER LOOSE HOPE! You can teach an old dog new tricks. "...He can be taught..." (good line from a good movie). If your husband lacks in the preparation department, don't give up. It's only taken 9.5 years, 9 anniversary's, 9 birthday's 5 mother's days and so forth but this birthday was worth the wait! All my thanks goes to Brandon for his effort and thoughtfulness. You are amazing. And for all the ward members, you will now see me in something more than my one brown dress and two skirts that I always switch off wearing. HOORAY!

OK ...so the rest of my birthday was great and I have lots of pictures to prove it but I will have to wait until later to post them as I must get to bed!

8 comments:

Lani said...

Happy Birthday!! What a fun surprise!

john and steph said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad to know that you had a great day and they can learn.

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! Now I feel horrible cause I talked to you ysterday and didn't even say anyhting! Sounds like a good day, way to go Brandon!

Aika said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a great birthday and thanks for the tips. I thought that my husband was the only one that doesn't plan ANYTHING while other husbands are planning wonderful things. Good to know that it might take 9.5 years or more for him to get it right. :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Jackie Lee! I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and hanging out with you all weekend :)

Glad to hear that Brandon made your day so special 'cause you deserve it! :)

AMY said...

Wow, it's nice to know husbands can change, I'll have to let David read your post and throw the hint, hint. He must be really good if he can pick out dresses you like! Happy Belated!

Collier Family said...

Glad you had a nice birthday! It would have been fun to be able to get together! Maybe next time!

Wooden's said...

glad you had agreat day, you give me hope for my furture birthdays...thanks:)