Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oh....how I long for you, Prescott...

No, Prescott is not an old boyfriend I am longing for, just a wonderful place I would like to live at someday.

I was up there last weekend and the beginning of this week. The weather was perfect, the scenery gorgeous, and the company (aka family) was kind.

Brandon had a business trip to Las Vegas so I decided to bail on Phoenix while he was gone. Actually I just didn't want to stay home alone. He just got home thankfully all in one piece. And he said the place is nasty... not family friendly. Scratch that off the family vacation list. OK back to Prescott. So went had a picnic (we includes me, two boys, my sister & her daughter) at the downtown plaza and also saw a reenactment of the wild wild west with real guns and cowboys on Whiskey Row, that was fun. The boys and I enjoyed a nice drive through the forest and mountain pines, my sister and I enjoyed a nice 90 min walk through her very hilly neighborhood. (Hilly in this context mean mountainous roads, not to be confused with hilly as in "hill-billy" neighborhood) We hung out watched a chick flick and had a very nice time all-in-all. It's nice to be back home. But hopefully one day we can call Prescott home. Thanks Jeaniece for making it a great week.

2 comments:

Lani said...

He's so right about Vegas. It's the nastiest, dirtiest place I've ever been. Yuck.

Prescott sounds fabulous though! If you don't mind the altitude! ;-)

Goodman Family said...

This post makes me laugh cause I did not care for Prescott at all! Great family history, but I don't think you could ever get me to move back(yea not even for a million dollars:)). But I am glad you had such a nice time. It is always fun to get away and have a little break especially from the heat.