Who would have ever thunk choosing a school for your kindergartner would be a year long process. Yet this process has come to a close and as of Monday I will drive my child to the "great and spacious building" known as school. It makes the phrase ring true..."He's going to heck in a hand basket." (I'm learning to watch my language :) ). I feel like this is such a turning point in our lives but none the less Carson is very excited and I think he will have so much fun. And I have to remember that it's not his fault he is getting bigger and has to leave his mothers gentle, tender (well sometimes) care to enter a whole new world of death and despair. Just kidding...I'm quoting movies now...OK back to reality, this next few weeks will bring a lot of changes, the biggest one being that I will have to have my hair and make-up and shower done by 7am! Luckily I only have to do this for the first few days and then I can let the teacher see the real me...sports bras and sweaty pits at that time in the morning. I bet she can't wait! And the major change for Carson is the fact that he'll have to wake up before 7:30am, get dressed and comb his hair everyday...no more hats. He's gonna hate this part. He's like me and only likes to have his hair combed on Sundays. I think they'll be a lot of tears this next week over the hair.
Wish us luck!
6 comments:
Reading your post brought back so many memories, eventually it will become second nature. I remember last year when Marley started school, she, like Carson, was also stuck in her ways. She didn't have a hat to give up but flip flops! She cried for a month about her feet being too hot for tennis shoes! It was quite hilarious! Good luck on Monday...
I hope Monday is a good day! I am glad that you were able to finally make a decision :) Don't forget to take a picture of his first day!!
I'm glad everything fell into place for you. Carson will love school.
I saw Carson today at lunch and he was doing great! I am sure that he is going to be really happy and love school. Good luck and see you around!
I'm with ya! ... and who's the genius who decided to make kids go back to school and play on the playgrounds in 115 degree weather!?! Seriously, folks. It IS TOO HOT! Send it back to September! :)
I remember trying so hard not to ugly cry as Anna went into kindergarten, but somehow I couldn't hold back. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't crazy or anything. Anyway, good luck and hope your week hasn't been too sad for you:)
Wendy
Post a Comment