Wednesday, December 16, 2009


So I was supposed to babysit today but the mom ended up not going into work. I decided to make it a "date day" with me and the two youngest. We headed out to Bass Pro Shop to meet up with other moms in our ward. We arrived a few minutes after the tour had started, no big deal, we found the group and after a whole 5 minutes of being there B says he has to go potty. OK, #3 is asleep in the stroller so as I start pushing him B runs and plops himself down on the foot rest of the stroller. Well somehow that made the front wheel get stuck and boom it breaks right off. Gurrr. I was peeved. This stroller is band new and is my stroller or jogging. Not to mention I felt like we were making a scene and I was totally embarrassed. Lifting the stroller up and pushing it out the store on the two back wheels we made a pit stop at the bathroom then headed out to the car. I'm glad I could drive 40 minutes to be in the store a total of 10 minutes.

I figured while we were out we'd run some errands on that side of town...one of which was Costco. B decides he wants to play the electric piano they have on display in the store. After I told him to sit on his bum I turn my head just in time to see him stand on the bench and proceed to knock it over crashing it down making a huge noise and him landing right on top of a now broken piano bench leg. Gurrr. I was peeved again. The noise startles #3 and he starts screaming. Nothing like another scene. I'm sure people must be thinking...yet again, another mother that can't handle her children. I have to say I was pretty pleased with myself that I didn't get upset at either incident, I stayed very calm. I am trying to put into practice some quotes I found over the last few weeks in preparing for a talk. While preparing I felt I saw a slight glimpse into how we were treated by our Heavenly Father prior to coming to this earth and I want my children treated that same way. And I must be the one to treat them that way. My patience was tried today to say the least.


On another note...#1 had his winter concert at school tonight. As always he looked so handsome in his white shirt and tie. It was fun to see him with all his little friends. I am learning more and more each day of why is he the oldest child. I'm SO glad he's the oldest. He's a great example to his brothers and has a very tender heart.


This little guy is such a happy camper...his latest stats as of December 10th are:
14lbs 11oz
24inches
strong and healthy. sleeps through (9pm-7am) the night 90% of the time.
enjoys his swing and bouncy chair. loves to have his diaper changed but hates bath time. loves when music is played and loves when his brothers stop mauling him for hugs and kisses.

2 comments:

Micheline said...

Don't you love days like this as a mom - and working on your patience. Congratulations for not "losing it" at the stores.

Erin said...

Loving the pics! They are all so cute, days like that with #2, its a good thing they are cute too! :)