Sunday, November 11, 2012

#11

I'm am grateful for a couple of things today.

A. I'm grateful to have a day set aside to honor those that serve in the military.  Today is Veterans day and without those men and women who have volunteered there lives for careers in the military I would not be able to live with the freedoms and safety I have experienced my entire life. I pray that my children will be able to experience those same freedoms.  For it will be the military men and women who in the future defend the freedom we now know.

B. I am thankful my children are growing up in a home where their father is present.  Now days this almost isn't the norm.  I am blessed to have a present husband and they are blessed to have a present father.  Even more so I am thankful that they have a father who not only lives with them but sets a good example for them...that is even more rare for most kids.  Two blessings I do not take for granted. I feel pretty darn blessed to see the benefits in my children's lives and experience them myself.  He makes us happy and I can't ask for much more.