Wednesday, November 7, 2012

#7

Today I am grateful for having a successful day.  The way I measure success has changed from when I was a full time employee.  Success used to mean a pay raise, accolades from the boss or colleagues, praise from clients but since those days are over I've learned how to measure success in my current career.

Today was successful because two children napped at the same time for multiple hours. I was able to really participate in homework with the older two. We all played legos together and no one fought. I fixed a dinner that was eaten by each member of the family and I can't think of one complaint I heard. Scriptures were read, prayers were said and Buster asked "Mom, is there anything I can help you with?"  Hearing those words and then giving him an assignment that was completed without hesitation made me grateful for my children and what they've been taught. To top it off everyone went to bed on time and happy and I kept my patience even though I was alone tonight.

That is how I feel successful.  I'm grateful that long ago I realized it's ok to have a different meaning of success depending on your season in life.

In other news, Romney lost the election last night.  I am dumbfounded.  I feel like apart of America was lost. I thought over the last few years Americans had been humbled and would seek to go back to the basics and want to defend the reasons we have this country in the first place. I thought we'd go back to our core values. What more will it take to bring the American citizens to their knees? May God bless America and may God bless my family.