Friday, August 29, 2008
Darn School
So yesterday I pick Carson up from school and he's soooo excited...I say what's going on, did you have a good day? He replies "Guess what mom, today was the BEST day of my life!" Of course I ask "why" hoping for a response like "I learned so many things today" or "I got to be the big helper" or "I realized how much I love you"... I know that would have been a stretch. Anyhow he quickly responds "we had an assembly today and if you spend lots of money buying stuff I can win an ipod and these speaker things that you put your ipod on and they light up. It's so cool can you put my name on the papers and buy lots of stuff right when we get home?" This is where I start cursing the school under my breath as we drive home. So after all I've done for this kid, the treats at the grocery store, the trips to the zoo and museums, the movie theatre, the family vacations, the bike rides, the trip to Disneyland the list goes on and on.... all in vain. I was trying to make his childhood days so memorable and all it took to have the best day of his life was a freaking school assembly? Give me a break...talk about pumping up a kid and sending them home high on hopes. I guess this will be his first experience of great success as a salesmen or a reality check of what the real word is really like. Yikes, he's to young for this it's only kindergarten! So with that said...anyone looking for some great holiday cans of peanut brittle for your co-workers? I know a great salesmen, just reply by Sept 8th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I hate fundraisers. My kids always come home so excited about them too - and get heartbroken when they don't sell enough to get the "BIG" prizes.
It makes me want to vomit the way they manipulate those kids. It seems slimy and wrong.
It's just something new and exciting for them...??? He still loves you more!
It is like my sisters little guy who is 8 who loves the cafeteria food and calls her homemade cooking crap???Go figure???
Oh what fun to be in school! Did you take any pictures of his first day? I'd love to see them!! When are you going to come visit?
Oh yeah. Ryan had a VERRY similar response to the pumping up, expoitation of sales-kids they had for THEIR fundraiser. Coy responded that THIS will be one reason he would leave public schools. *snicker* Come on... KINDERGARTEN!?? Have they no shame?
Don't you think our tax dollars are enough! Anyways a trip to the dollar store can go a long way, "Give me the brochures and you can choose whatever you want at the dollar store." Hee hee. You can see I never order anything and quickly crush my child's dreams of winning any prize.
Hey Jackie Lee don't know if you got my comment- probably not cuz I can't even find it. Well, I found Julie's facebook and got your info. from her. How have you been??? It's been years. Has anyone heard from Tami? Your family is so cute. I told my mom that I got your guys' contact stuff and she said hi! She always really liked you girls. See ya I would love to hear from you.. lindiewarren.blogspot.com
Post a Comment