Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference Weekend

I thought I would be holding another little guy this weekend as I watched conference but instead I was able to spend Saturday morning with the Young Women fixing breakfast with them and watching the first session together. That was fun. Then we watched the second session as a family then headed out to Mesa for the Priesthood session. Not a bad day.

Sunday morning we slept in then woke up and made some of this for breakfast...






Yummy Belgium waffles with fresh fruit.

Then we set up the tent (this is from our family home evening lesson last Monday, we talked King Benjamin's address as found in Mosiah and how all the people pitched their tents towards the tower to listen to King Benjamin). So Sunday morning we pitched our tent toward the prophet to listen to his council.


That seemed to be a hit with the boys along with their conference packets that they were able to color. I took a late Sunday nap and tried to lay around trying to fight off the head cold that as recently come on, praying it'll leave before the little one arrives.

All-in-all not a bad weekend. Conference is always amazing and makes me want to be a better person.

3 comments:

Aika said...

Hang in there!!! Those waffles look so yummy! I love the tent idea.

Jason and Ashlee said...

You are AWESOME. Such a trooper for having the YW over, being in the state you are in. I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it.

Hopefully this little guys comes very soon.

Amberly said...

I can't believe you haven't had this baby yet! I keep thinking your next post will be about your little one... the tent idea is super fun. Hope everything goes smoothly for you this week!