Saturday, February 26, 2011

I just finished preparing my YW's lesson for tomorrow. The YW's manual always has really good lessons. It would make for a great study companion to the scriptures.

I think about blogging much more often than I actually do. Sometimes life is moving to fast and I don't want to forget any of the great moments or small miracles we experience day to day and other days there is stuff I want to forget. One more area in my life I need to find balance in.

I feel like I'm a pretty darn patient mother...until bed time. I really need to work on that. I need to remember that I was once a kid to and didn't like when bed time came around. Maybe I should feel loved that they want to stay up to "spend just one more minute with you" as the boys say. Too often one more minute turns in to 5 or 10 or 30 more minutes. Alas, one day all to soon they won't be saying that anymore. I must cherish the moment.

I've read several blogs lately of people who have been in some major serious trials. Like this moms or this girls or his and once again I feel beyond grateful for the small trials I face. At times they might seem like mountains to steep to climb but when I count my blessings I realize they are little hills that I've been carried over by the hand of the Lord. I have my husband who loves me, I have my children, I have as much food a day that I could ask for, a roof over my head and we all have our health. We're not to shabby.

I hope my lesson goes well tomorrow. I'm also thankful I'm not a teenager these days. I'm nervous for my boys to grow up in this world. My young women really are great girls. It's a humbling experience sitting in the temple with them like we did this morning. Sometimes the calling gets a little busy and tiring but it's moment's like today that makes me grateful I'm in this position and can serve them.

I'm hoping for a Sunday nap tomorrow. I hope it's still raining too...napping while raining goes together like a bagel and cream cheese. That sounds good right about now.

3 comments:

April said...

What a great looking family. Referring to the pics in the sidebar. When do I get one or more? Who watched the kids, while you were at the temple? You could have asked me...... !!!!!

Wonders said...

Hey there cousin! It's Carolyn, I don't know if you knew I looked at your blog, but I do. I LOVE reading about your cute family and all your fun family ideas. I am also serving as a YW leader and I have a requst. I am in Philadelphia working with a lot of very poor YW girls. If any of your YW needs a good project, or just wants to help, we could really use dresses. Our girls currently wear jeans to church because it's all they have. Any size, we've pretty much got them all. Let me know if it's something you want to do and I will send you my address. You are such an inspiration to me! Love ya! Carolyn (Baird) Wixom

Jackie Lee said...

Carolyn,

How are you? We would love to participate in something like that! I may be able to get our entire stake involved. Message me on facebook and we'll exchange info!