So it's late Saturday night and I can't sleep, what is going on? Any how I realized I hadn't posted the pictures from our California trip yet. So here are a few...yes only a few. My small camera is still broke and Brandon was with the boys by himself while I was at the yoga training so he didn't want to take the big camera every time they went. I don't blame him...one less thing to possibly get lost.
What 4 & 2 year old boy doesn't want to sit on a fire truck? This is in Toon town on our first day.

This is the boys at California Adventure without me :( I wish I could have seen their faces when the got to meet Woody!

This is how much Boston enjoyed the trip! Quick story about the double stroller...I got it from someone in our neighborhood who had obviously moved and was throwing it out. We were leaving in 2 days for our trip and I didn't have a double stroller. Carson doesn't really need a stroller but I knew if I had one I would use it and so would he, especially after long days. Anyhow I took it, Brandon was completely appalled I would take some strangers trash (it was pretty beat up). I put new tires on it, whipped it down and poof...a double stroller (even if the seats were all ripped and were being held up by a bungee cord :)). After having both boys by himself I think he was very grateful he married someone who isn't afraid to be a "dumpster diver!"

Carson and Papi on the Matterhorn! I think he's a little nervous :) (Carson not Brandon)

Last but not least, we couldn't go to California and not go to the beach. Even if it is 50 degrees and windy. We (I) love the water.

I just liked this picture of their little feet.

So I think this was the most fun and cheapest family vacation we've ever had. 4 days at Disneyland/California Adventure for $160...I bought the tickets off Craig's list! One tank of gas to drive there, one tank to get home. A great hotel for a great rate with a fridge. (Thanks Siddoway's for hooking us up!) I took 90% of our food and we ate in the hotel or packed a lunch to take to the parks. We had a great time and it helped me get my yoga training finished! (Does this post scream I am cheap or what?!)
4 comments:
Way to save money!! I am still laughing at the stroller story. Once, when Jeff and I lived in an apartment and Sam was a baby, the apartment dumpsters were right across the parking lot from our apartment building and we were on teh bottom floor. I got home from running errands one day and there was this absolutely adorable plaid sleeper sofa sitting by the dumpster....to make a long story short, I convinced a neighbor friend to help me carry this huge, heavy sofa into my tiny apartment. When Jeff got home he thought I was crazy! :) We kept that couch for a couple of years and it came in handy...
UM.... Boston to therapy??? What's this all about? It's a good thing I remember every few weeks to look at my daughter's blog, so I can learn what is going on in all of their lives. Cute pictures. Handsome, handsome boys. I appreciate your wriitng ability. I use to teach early morning seminary. It would have been great to have it in my home. Good for you pitching in for your husband. I bet you did an awesome job.
Your guys are sooo cute! You know I'm always impressed with a good deal (especially a free one) who cares! I'm also impressed Brandon tackled D-land on his own! How fun! I'm going to have to try craigslist for tickets next time:)
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment