Friday, April 25, 2008

The week in review

So another productive week.

Monday...we...actually I have no clue what we did Monday...I don't remember.
Tuesday...we went grocery shopping. This was an experience. I haven't gone "major" grocery shopping for a very long time and for even longer I haven't taken both boys major shopping with me. I managed not to yell at all, we didn't make any big scenes in the store and I didn't buy any junk food to bribe them. We've made progress. The hardest part was keeping Boston by my side, he doesn't like sitting in the cart any more. I also tried to shop with coupons, that was a joke. I signed up for coupon sense but I walked out of the store so ticked because I didn't understand what I was doing and I was irritated at my lack of knowledge. If anyone is really into it and wants to have a tag-along-partner with them next time let me know, I would love for someone to show me the ropes.
Wednesday...Boston got sick. Actually he got sick Tuesday but I thought he was getting teeth in which is no big deal. I worked a little in the morning while both boys were asleep...yes, by 10am I layed both of them down for bed. That's what happens when they wake up at 5:50am. Then I watched my friends kids for the afternoon, 5 kids total and it was actually pretty fun. Poor Boston was still sick though, after eating about two bites of his lunch he pucked everywhere. In a way it was nice because he then just let me hold him for the next few hours. Wednesday night we celebrated mom's 59th birthday and a restaurant with everyone and Julie and Kody came into town. Then we went to the mall to take pictures of all the grand kids together...that was an interesting experience but we did get some cute pictures.
Thursday...Jeaniece and Dustin stayed with us while he worked. We met the Binghams and Colliers at Westgate to let the kids play in the splash pad. I really like the ambiance of that place, not to mention my legs got a killer tan! (Did I mention I LOVE the sun and summer time?) We missed Boston playing with us, he stayed home with Jeaniece and slept cause he was still sick. Then we got home and Brandon, Carson and I went to Kindergarten Round up, that was fun.
Friday...Jeaniece, the kids and I met my dad for lunch and saw the alligator at the mall. Now here I am writing on the blog when I should be working!

I'm thankful Boston is feeling better. I'm thankful we didn't have to go to the doctor. I'm thankful J & D could come down and spend a few days with us. I'm thankful we could see J & K and the kids...hopefully next time we'll be able to see them for longer than a few hours! I'm grateful there are organizations out there to help others save money!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful to have a great sister who can have fun, laugh, go to lunch, and eat Cold Stone at 10 p.m. with!!! Thanks for letting us crash at your place. We always have a great time.

Becky said...

Jackie...feel free to come grocery shopping with me...I usually go on Monday or Tuesday :)