Friday, April 25, 2008
Happy Birthday Mom!!
I have to send a "shout out" to my mom...Happy Birthday Mom! You are a wonderful person and a great example of a mother. I can only hope to measure up to your abilities as a mother with my own children. Some of my most happy memories as a child include you. I remember us kids eating multiple pans of brownies you would bake to take on the family vacations. Even if the brownies were all soggy for being in the ice chest in the van they were still yummy and eatable. Having you at all the class parties in school because you were always the "home room mom". Letting us build forts on Sunday afternoon and playing inside with us. Teaching us how to clean...it may not show in my own house, but thanks to you I did learn "cleanliness is next to Godliness". Believing my lies when I came home past curfew! (Really, I think one time there was a flat tire) Hey, at least I didn't get in any big trouble right? Calling the school for me and telling them I was sick even though I was staying home to lay by the pool all day. Sticking up for me in fourth grade when I tried out for cheer leading but then they decided to only let the sixth graders be the cheerleaders. I remember you went down to the school and let one of the teachers have it! Thank you. There are so many great memories. I couldn't have asked for a better childhood or better parents. I Love you, happy 59th Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We did have a great childhood! Not to mention, tons and tons of fun growing up. We're very blessed to have a wonderful mother...Happy Birthday!
Thanks JL you are precious. I just got on your bolg today, since I have been gone for several days. The Birthday celebration on Wed. of last week, was GREAT and AWESOME, A big thanks to you for being there and participating, also to the rest of the family, who might read your blog, A big thanks to all of you. Thank you for sharing some of your memories. I am happy that you were able to recall some childhood memories. I recall hearing you say, at one point, that you couldn't remember your childhood. You must be drinking Kangen Water, which helps to give clarity to the brain.:) Tell Brandon we missed him last week, maybe next year!!
Post a Comment