Saturday, April 12, 2008

Summer is comming...

Can it get any more beautiful outside? I feel guilty these days if by dinner we haven't stepped out side for a bike ride or playtime in the yard. I love having the windows opened during the day and feeling the breeze not to mention the money saved on an electric bill. I love the fact that the boys want to go outside and play. I love that our trees are turning green again and flowers are blooming. I love that Brandon enjoys planting flowers and plants and takes care of them. I also love this time of year because it means I get to enjoy the sun...ok, someday's I might be know to worship it...but the beauty of that is when my skin gets darker in the summer the less makeup I wear and because it's summer that means I can wear my hair up often so if I need to go somewhere I can be showered and out the door in 20 minutes. It's a beautiful thing.

The boys are getting excited to play in the splash pad again this year. We've turned it on a couple of times but it's still a little on the cold side. Maybe sometime in the next 10 years Brandon will have a couple of free days to finish the brick patio around the pad that was started but has yet to be completed.

This week was a good week, busy but lots of blessings. I'm thankful the Lord is aware of our needs and wants and desires to bless us. Hopefully I can continue to learn to have the faith required to fully enable the powers of heaven to assist with our desires.

3 comments:

Lani said...

I think I kind of worship the sun too. You're not alone! ;-) I love the scripture in D&C that talks about how God is in the light of the sun and is the source of all light and life! Sunshine makes me happy!

Becky said...

What a pleasant post to read...I just smiled through the whole thing. Hasn't this weather been gorgeous??! Lovin' it.

Amberly said...

I also am a huge fan of summertime- it's so nice out right now, and I also get the guilty feeling if I'm not enjoying the pleasant sun before it becomes brutal around here! Thanks for this great reminder of how nice we've got it right now!