Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Have you ever had those moments where it's like you just fall in love all over again? Friday night we were able to have a five hour date. It started off with dinner down town at a pizza place at the Arizona Center which was a pretty cool place in and of itself. Then we were off to "Time Out for Couples." It was awesome, we laughed and cried and laughed some more. Yes, when I say "we" that meant both of us. I think Brandon shed a tear. It was so enjoyable to sit close to one another and be rejuvenated in our sacred covenants we made with each other almost 9.5 years ago. I truly believe with Christ as our focus nothing is impossible for us as long as we work together. Although I'm learning that doesn't mean everything will be easy. :) I felt like that night I gained a greater and deeper love for Brando Commando and appreciate him even more. Looking back to when we got married I thought I loved him but now I realize I didn't even have the slightest idea of what love really was. I am learning that when we see each other at our worst, physically, emotionally, spiritually and have a desire to help each other and lift one another and don't give up that's when unconditional love starts to grow. We didn't have the opportunity to experience these stages of growth in our seven month courtship many years ago.
Does this mean everything is perfect? No, don't get the wrong idea. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for blessing me with my companion and pray that he will help me continue to develop unconditional love for Brandon so that our marriage might be blessed eternally. I defiantly know it takes a lot of humbling on my part...and I have a long way to go. Brandon, please be patient but know I love you.

Saturday started with a 8am yoga class to benefit Nie. It was taught be her friend and was a really good class. It's held every Saturday morning at 8am in Mesa if anyone would like to go let me know cause I would defiantly go again. From the yoga class I went straight to Carson's T-ball game. Then we came home and actually sat on the back porch for about 30 minutes as we watched the kids play...that was a bit of heaven. The weather was perfect, the kids were happy and we were just able to enjoy the moment. Then it was off to help Brando's sister move in just a few miles away from us. We were able to stay a good chunk of the day and offer service as a family, although Brando did have to slip out for a few hours to do some work. From there we came right home showered ate and headed off the the stake center for a fireside. We were able to take the kids and it worked out good as we both had to be there. I think the kids had a really good time. It was a true "fireside" as we were hanging out by a fire the entire night. What boy doesn't like that!

This morning I taught yoga again and the little Boss woke up extra early. I was in heaven as we laid down in relaxation the last few minutes of the class and he laid his head on my chest. For a brief moment it was like I was taken back two years and it reminded me of when he was a baby and would always lay is head on my chest and fall asleep. Oh the memories, how sweet they are.

Last but defiantly not least...Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to all the Veterans. With out your service I'm convinced I wouldn't have the life I have. My most sincere appreciation goes to you and your families as you serve our country honorably. Thank you for giving your life so I can raise my children in a country that is built on the principles of freedom and blessed by the hand of God. May this country always be watched over and may we as citizens not forget what America stands for and who has placed us here and preserved this scared land for our inheritance at this time. May those serving locally and throughout the world be blessed with peace and safety and their families also. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

2 comments:

Lani said...

Thanks for always seeing the beauty and joy in each moment and each day, Jackie Lee! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it any better regarding our Veterans! Also, thanks for the uplifting post it made my day.