Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving...

I enjoy this time of year for many reasons...

the change in weather
leaving the windows open around the house
the thought that Christmas in around the corner
people seem to be a bit nicer
wearing the winter sweaters
driving around with the windows down
enjoying the sun roof in the oh-so-cool mini van
and taking a special day to reflect on the many blessings from my Heavenly Father.

This thanksgiving we spent time with both sides of the family. Long day? yes, but enjoyable.

No pictures to show from our feasts, but I'm making improvements...I actually remembered to take my camera with me...I just didn't use it but an improvement non-the-less!

Christmas decorations went up Friday and after all was cleaned up we enjoyed a bike ride as a family in the crisp evening air.

Saturday brought "special project day" we all cleaned out the garage and I mean CLEANED it out. I'm taking a pile to D.I. on Monday and I would be more than happy to take your "pile" too...just let me know. We even scrubbed the entire 4-car garage floor on our hands and knees and washed all the walls..their was a purpose for our madness. And I'm excited to reveal that purpose in the up-coming weeks! The garage floor is so clean I'm considering serving Sunday on it. Want to join us? To end the day we enjoyed a Temple session with Brando's sister who is leaving soon for her mission to Winter Quarters. Exciting! Good session, wish I was in a better frame of mind. Tomorrow shall bring a new day. Hallelujah

2 comments:

Micheline said...

sounds like you had a very productive weekend. My - I just spent money for Christmas, when I could have been getting my house ready for Christmas.

Sweating in the endless heat said...

If you need another Saturday project, you can come and clean our 2 car garage and throw or donate what ever you want:-)
Sounds like you guys had a great T-day! I always enjoy reading your blog, I always feels so relaxed when I do, Thanks for sharing again:-)