Monday, November 3, 2008

Today didn't quite turn out as planned, but why not make the most of it, right?

To spare the details this day was supposed to be one of pj's, movies and 409. You see somewhere between the last 5 days a toy, laundry, dish and clutter bomb went off and I have ignored it too long. Last night I went to bed with dinner dishes still on the table because we ate then ran out of the house for a good ol' fashioned game night with friends we don't see very often. We stayed out too late and were too tired to clean up. So today Boston and I were planning on not getting dressed, he had a plethora of movies to choose from and I had a full bottle of 409 ready to be sprayed. Then we woke up...Brandon needed our help. That meant showers and clothes. yuck. The laundry was so over do I even had to put dirty clothes on Boston. I know gross but it was better than going out in public in a diaper. By 9:30 we were off. I decided not to get irritated but to enjoy driving around the valley while singing "I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee" 84 times with my two year old. We even stopped for a lunch date together and it wasn't McDonald's! Tables and chairs were involved. It was quite enjoyable to have a one-on-one conversation with the little guy and he was well behaved. We talked about everything from Thomas the Train to Elmo to counting all the napkins on the table. As much as I long to hold a precious new baby of my own and have three little munchkins to help around the house I basked in the moment with my current "baby". He's was so much fun to hang out with. Thanks Boston for helping me to avoid the 409 bottle and share a yummy toasted Quizno's sand which with you, I had so much fun!

1 comment:

Lindsay Renee' said...

sounds like a great day. don't you just love those memories with your kids...thanks for sharing something positive about a day that could have been discouraging.