I cleaned up a good chuck of the back yard a few weeks ago but there was one area left untouched. You know, the area where no one ever sees. It's the side of the house where the A/C units are and honestly the only reason I go over there these days is to water the garden. However over the last several months the weeds either needed to be pulled or just become part of the landscape. I guess we could have called them our wild flowers, they just weren't very pretty. Pops was gone by 5:30am, the two oldest boys were at the cousins and Crate was still sleeping so I decided to take my sorry rear out there and clean up. Not only were the weeds taller than my hip bone (not kidding) there was a dead bush that had grown about 9 feet tall and needed some major trimming. I knew I needed to work fast because I had a YW breakfast to attend so with a time limit I got to work. I really wish I had a before and after picture. I'll admit after the breakfast I came back and stood in the lawn admiring the fact I could now see the ground and the back fence. I told myself I was going to take me out for a pedicure today since I worked my tail off. The pedi didn't quite happen yet. Hopefully soon. Here is a pic of the pile of dead branches from the major bush that had taken over this particular corner of the house.

and this is what's left of the bush.

Not sure if I cut it correctly but at this point I don't care, I'm just glad it's done.
After today I told spouse it's time to find a career that doesn't require six day work weeks. Just kidding. I'm really, really thankful he has a career he enjoys, it just keeps him busy...which in this market is always a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment