Saturday, April 2, 2011

Good reminder.

This past week we attended a funeral of some old friends from our Mesa days. They suddenly lost their little seven year old boy. I was thankful to be able to attend because it was a needed reminder how fragile and precious life is and how short time can be. I've made a renewed effort to document the days I have with these three (almost four) boys as much as I can. Also, to be a bit more kind and patient and grateful even for the messes because it means my children are still here with me and if that means cleaning up after them or loosing sleep for them I'll do it.

I'm not anywhere near being perfect and despite some really long days or really tough circumstances a positive attitude can make things more bearable. I firmly believe also that if I, as the mother, can be positive and find blessings amongst trials it will teach my boys to do the same. They can learn that happiness is a choice no matter what is going around you. I could say more but enough about that.

On another note: Our number one rule in the family used to be: "No yelling in the home." I have now made that the number two rule. Our new number one rule is: "No touching moms hair." They love to mess up my hair...but it's an official rule now and if broken they will see consequences. (It's great being the parent in this case. :))

Some days these pregnancy hormones take effect and make me very vocal about my opinion. Sometimes that's not so good. I've learned I can't talk about politics, marriages, schools, work or kids for another five months. I can only talk to Pops about such things. He listens...well, I think he's listening. I guess the jury is still out on that one. Now that I think about it, it's probably a good thing no one is listening.

No comments: